Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

NIT Championship

NIT Championship Title 23 members have voted

  1. 1. NIT Championship Title

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Featured Replies

I would not mind getting rid of Todd and Barnhart.

 

Why? Honestly, ... why do they deserve to be gone?

Honestly, do we really care about winnning an NIT title or hanging one of those awful banners in our arena. I would just assume Kentucky turn down the NIT bid and get ready for next season.

 

They need more games, so they really need to play in the NIT.

This team is not good enough to win the NIT. However, since it brings a large crowd, the NIT wilol match UK with duds and puds in an effort to keep the crowd coming. The crowd, not the team, is UK's asset.

They need more games, so they really need to play in the NIT.

 

Why do they need more games? So BCG's seat can get even hotter when they go one and done or 1-1 at best.

I don't want UK to win this tournament, I don't want to see a NIT Championship banner hanging up with the other National Championships.

Why do they need more games? So BCG's seat can get even hotter when they go one and done or 1-1 at best.

 

If you don't want to watch them, then don't. I was frustrated for many years with UK football, ... but I never quit watching or supporting them. Nowadays, I am much happier so I look at it as patience paying off.

 

There is only 1 senior on this team, and he never plays so the more experience, the better off they are. I know that they haven't shown progress this season, but a few more games couldn't hurt them.

 

I will use the same line used on Tubby by his haters for BCG, ... if you can't take the heat with what you are paid, get out of the kitchen. When it was more than Tubby wanted to deal with, he moved on. If it is already more than BCG can handle, then he should as well. I hope he doesn't, everyone comes back, and his recruits make UK better next season. But if he can't take the heat, then he should go back to the Big 12.

I don't want UK to win this tournament, I don't want to see a NIT Championship banner hanging up with the other National Championships.

 

I do. Better an NIT title than nothing to show from the postseason at all.

Sometimes the other team has a say so in whether you ACCEPT a Championship.

If you don't want to watch them, then don't. I was frustrated for many years with UK football, ... but I never quit watching or supporting them. Nowadays, I am much happier so I look at it as patience paying off.

 

There is only 1 senior on this team, and he never plays so the more experience, the better off they are. I know that they haven't shown progress this season, but a few more games couldn't hurt them.

 

I will use the same line used on Tubby by his haters for BCG, ... if you can't take the heat with what you are paid, get out of the kitchen. When it was more than Tubby wanted to deal with, he moved on. If it is already more than BCG can handle, then he should as well. I hope he doesn't, everyone comes back, and his recruits make UK better next season. But if he can't take the heat, then he should go back to the Big 12.

 

I didn't say I wouldn't watch them! My schedule is worked around UK games. I haven't missed a UK game in at least 10 years. They have 4 juniors that get the majority of the playing time. This team is not that young. If you can't figure it out in the first 33 games, what makes you think a few more will help.

I didn't say I wouldn't watch them! My schedule is worked around UK games. I haven't missed a UK game in at least 10 years. They have 4 juniors that get the majority of the playing time. This team is not that young. If you can't figure it out in the first 33 games, what makes you think a few more will help.

 

:thumb: I am glad that you, like myself, can't stop watching. No matter how mad I get.

 

I had a lady I work with today tell me that she hasn't been into UK basketball since the 1992 loss to Duke. I was stunned. I told her she had sure missed some awfully good games, 2 NCAA titles and 1 runnerup. I just don't understand a fan giving up like that after 1 game.

 

I do agree that they seemed to have backslid after the Alabama game. That is about the point they forgot how to set screens. As a team they haven't handled the ball all year long. This is the most disappointed I have been in a UK team since Eddie Sutton's last season. They usually always got better as the season wore on under Hall, Pitino and Tubby. They did last year under Billy Clyde, especially considering the injury to Patterson. But this year, they have just gotten worse. You may be on to something. Maybe some time away from each other to reflect could do them some good.

Sometimes the other team has a say so in whether you ACCEPT a Championship.

 

True. I don't see UK winning the NIT anyway, but hopefully I am wrong. I didn't think they would win the NCAA title in 1998, but I was glad to be wrong.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.