Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Quick Question (about All District and Region selections)

Featured Replies

A friend of mine and I were discussing the the district and regional tournaments. We got to talking about the all district and all region teams and we didn't know the answer to a question concerning this subject.

 

Does anyone know if all-district and all-region teams are elected based on play throughout the year or solely on play during the district or region tourney only?

 

Thoughts?

The only All District team would be the District All Tournament team. There is also a Region All tournament team and these recognize players for outstanding play during these tournaments only. I imagine that all of the regions also have an All-Region team that is selected by the coaches, paper, etc.

I think it's a combination of both. Don't the coaches have a hand in choosing the members?

The All Region teams are tournament only. Have you ever seen a player from a team who didn't make the tournament named to the team after the finals? The All District teams are probably supposed to be tournament only but a coach could get his star player on the team even if he didn't have a good game.

  • Author

Thanks for the responses guys.

When I was at Rockcastle County, only once did I see a tournament director ask the coach for their all-tournament team members. It is usually decided upon by a committee, which I sometimes served on when Rockcastle County would host such an event.

 

I've always liked being on one of these but you do have to realize that you're going to pick someone off because their son/daughter wasn't elected to it. If you're a committee member, you have to go with your gut feeling and not care what someomen thinks of your decision.

The only All District team would be the District All Tournament team. There is also a Region All tournament team and these recognize players for outstanding play during these tournaments only. I imagine that all of the regions also have an All-Region team that is selected by the coaches, paper, etc.

 

The 40th district and the 10th region do not give out these trophies, as we do not have an all tourney team for the district and regional games. Not sure if any other region does this.

The 40th district and the 10th region do not give out these trophies, as we do not have an all tourney team for the district and regional games. Not sure if any other region does this.

 

No all tourney teams? Why?

 

I have noticed that some district have MVPs and some don't.

No all tourney teams? Why?

 

I have noticed that some district have MVPs and some don't.

 

I have no idea why we don't. :confused: Guess it was voted that way.

The 38th does not give an all tournament team either.

 

I like how the 10th Region does it. They do not have a all tournament team. What they do is have a all region team. They are recognized at the end of year banquet when they induct the Hall of Fame members. IMO all tournament teams cause more trouble than they are worth. I think it promotes me ball over team ball. A player should want the team trophy not the individual trophy.

I believe in the 63rd and the 64th district the selections are made by the head coach.

I believe in the 63rd and the 64th district the selections are made by the head coach.

 

The head coach nominates players from his team, usually his starting 5. Head coach's are not allowed to vote for their own players. Its not always the best players for the whole tournament that gets picked, because there are representatives from every school. winnner gets 3, 2nd gets 3, 3rd gets 2 and 4th gets 2. Thats the way its been explained to me from head coach's and athletic directors.

The head coach does not nominate, he or she picks who they want on the all tournament team in the distict in the 63rd and 64th districts.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.