Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Tithing?

Featured Replies

I'm sure that some of these mission trips, including yours, do a lot of good.

 

On the other hand, let me describe one such mission trip that one of my nieces attended that was sponsored by one of Lexington's larger protestant churches.

 

The trip was for high school and college age individuals. The "mission field" was Panama City, Florida. The time was the week of spring break for many colleges and high schools. The mission was to take vans and hang around the beach and to give rides back to the hotel/motel to those who were loaded with alcohol and/or drugs. I suppose some would see this as a true "mission trip" but I would not be among them. I see it as a spring break trip to the beach that was tax deductible for the parents of the "vacationers".

 

I could describe others but this one is probably the most "creative".

 

Sounds like the crowd Jesus associated with.

  • Author
Sounds like the crowd Jesus associated with.

 

Nice rationalization. Did Jesus also claim his beach vacation expenses as itemized deductions for income tax purposes?

  • Author
Jesus was on a mission trip, but did accept "Love Offerings".

 

I'm quite familiar with "love offerings". You like to refer to whether or not something is in the Holy Scriptures or not and seem to discount it if it isn't there verbatim. I have never seen the words "love offering" together in the Holy Bible, I have seen "love" and I have probably seen "offering" but never "love offering" particularly as often practiced by my Baptist brothers. Did I miss something?

Malachi 3:10 Bring tithes into the storehouse.

 

Leviticus 27:30 Set aside atithe of your crops.

 

1st Timothy 5:17:18 Elders are worthy of a double honor....Do not muzzle the ox while itis treading out the gain; the worker deserves it wages.

 

1st Corinthians 9 :1-15 Paul talks about his mission and how he gets by with help to feed him.

 

Galatians 6:6 share with others.

 

Philippians 4:14-19 good for you to give, he also mentions how some churches did not share and help provide. And later some did which pleased God.

 

Hebrews 13:16 sharing pleases God.

 

Luke 21:1 Donations at the Temple.

 

Luke 21:2 Poor widow gave Jewish coins worth very little, but it was her Love offering.

 

Wyro, you can find hundreds of examples of things man does today that couldn't have been in scripture. Matthew 28 Jesus tells us as disciples to go to every nation. So now days people travel by airplane to do his work. The internet/radio/TV programs/modern medicine...like I said a hundreds.

 

Thanks for asking and giving me something to do. :jump:

  • Author
Malachi 3:10 Bring tithes into the storehouse.

 

Leviticus 27:30 Set aside atithe of your crops.

 

1st Timothy 5:17:18 Elders are worthy of a double honor....Do not muzzle the ox while itis treading out the gain; the worker deserves it wages.

 

1st Corinthians 9 :1-15 Paul talks about his mission and how he gets by with help to feed him.

 

Galatians 6:6 share with others.

 

Philippians 4:14-19 good for you to give, he also mentions how some churches did not share and help provide. And later some did which pleased God.

 

Hebrews 13:16 sharing pleases God.

 

Luke 21:1 Donations at the Temple.

 

Luke 21:2 Poor widow gave Jewish coins worth very little, but it was her Love offering.

 

Wyro, you can find hundreds of examples of things man does today that couldn't have been in scripture. Matthew 28 Jesus tells us as disciples to go to every nation. So now days people travel by airplane to do his work. The internet/radio/TV programs/modern medicine...like I said a hundreds.

 

Thanks for asking and giving me something to do. :jump:

 

Good post. However, I have known some elders and many deacons who weren't worth a single honor let alone a double honor.:thumb:

Nice rationalization. Did Jesus also claim his beach vacation expenses as itemized deductions for income tax purposes?

 

No, he said give to Caesar's what is Caesar's.

  • Author

Thanks to everyone who posted to my first thread. The responses were thoughtful and varied. I believe the best thought was that tithing, like all other such matters, are honestly between the individual and God. Prayers and best wishes to all.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.