Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

14th Region teams set

Featured Replies

53rd: Knott County Central and Letcher County Central

 

54th: Hazard and Perry County Central

 

55th: Breathitt County and Wolfe County

 

56th: Lee County and Estill County

 

 

 

It's all about who goes as winners and who goes as runner-ups, and who gets in what bracket. Hazard and Perry County Central can't be in the same bracket, so which one gets drawn into the bracket with Knott County Central will give the other 54th team a slight advantage. Either way, Knott County Central will have to win 2 tough games in the semi's to win the champonship. The day of the draw will certainly be interesting.

What about this possibility.

 

KCC goes to region as winner and draws 54th runner-up in first ropund of the regional tournament. Would be a tough out for the loser in the first round of regional tourney.

 

Could also play out this way if Knott is runner-up and draws 54th champs.

The 53rd and 54th are really strong. I don't think the 55th or 56th can win a first round game unless they draw each other.

The draw for regional pairings is always interesting. This year will be no different.

No real surprises here. The draw will be interesting. The drive to Powell County will be brutal for the 53rd and 54th.

Here is my prediction on how the draw will come out.

 

 

Perry (Runner-up) vs. Breathitt (winner)

Lee (runner-up) Vs. Knott (winner)

 

 

Wolfe (Runner-up) vs. Hazard (winner)

Letcher (runner-up) vs. Estill (winner)

 

 

 

Perry Vs. Knott

Hazard vs. Letcher

 

 

 

Perry vs. Hazard

 

 

Perry Vs. Knott

Hazard vs. Letcher

 

 

 

Perry vs. Hazard

 

This would mean there were no upsets and the Pre-Season top 4 schools end up the final 4 in the end! That doesn't happen much and I don't see it happening here either. Yes it all depends on the draw, but don't see it coming out this pretty! But I do see the trip to Rupp coming from the 54th! Too much talent for Hazard and too much Defense from Perry for any one to upset them! A Hazard/Perry final in the Region will be a great way to finish the year.:dancingpa

This would mean there were no upsets and the Pre-Season top 4 schools end up the final 4 in the end! That doesn't happen much and I don't see it happening here either. Yes it all depends on the draw, but don't see it coming out this pretty! But I do see the trip to Rupp coming from the 54th! Too much talent for Hazard and too much Defense from Perry for any one to upset them! A Hazard/Perry final in the Region will be a great way to finish the year.:dancingpa

 

I know the draw probably will not turn out that way, but if it did I wouldn't predict any upsets. Somebody in the top four will probably have to play in the first round, which will open the door for someone to sneak into the semi's. It is definitely all about the draw.

  • Author
No real surprises here. The draw will be interesting. The drive to Powell County will be brutal for the 53rd and 54th.

 

 

 

 

I was talking to some people from the 56th district the other day and they said the drive to Whitesburg last year was also "brutal", especially those poor folks in Estill and Powell County. Glad to see the 56th catch a break every 6 years.

That is exactly why it should be at Perry every year. Great parking and enough room for no split sessions. And it's right in the middle of the region too!j 1 hour to Jenkins and just over an hour to Estill. Other Regions do it, they should just make it mandatory that it's done this way.

[/b]

 

 

 

 

I was talking to some people from the 56th district the other day and they said the drive to Whitesburg last year was also "brutal", especially those poor folks in Estill and Powell County. Glad to see the 56th catch a break every 6 years.

 

Actually, the 14th Region was played at Perry Central last year. LCC hosted the tournament in 2007.

  • Author
Actually, the 14th Region was played at Perry Central last year. LCC hosted the tournament in 2007.

 

You're right UKFAN1. It was at LCC the year before. But it was still a long drive.

 

Master of the Hardwood, I respect your opinion but I don't agree with it. Your suggestion wouldn't be fair to the rest of the region for PCC to host the tournament every year. The regions that do have it at the same venue every year are the ones that have college campus arenas, which are neutral sites and usually seat 8,000 to 10,000 people. Yes I could see that. But 14th region doesn't have a college arena or large city arenas, and Perry Central is a high school facility. That gives an unfair advantage to one area in the region in that they would have the comfort of playing in a familiar gym that they practice in every day, and less travel time for teams and fans in Perry and surrounding counties but not those in the outer sections of the region.

 

Just my take on the subject.

That is exactly why it should be at Perry every year. Great parking and enough room for no split sessions. And it's right in the middle of the region too!j 1 hour to Jenkins and just over an hour to Estill. Other Regions do it, they should just make it mandatory that it's done this way.

I think rotating it around is a more equitable solution. The 10th had the argument all those years that Mason had an unfair advantage by hosting every year. You're giving one of the stronger teams year in and year out one more advantage if PC hosts every year.

[/b]

 

 

 

 

I was talking to some people from the 56th district the other day and they said the drive to Whitesburg last year was also "brutal", especially those poor folks in Estill and Powell County. Glad to see the 56th catch a break every 6 years.

 

I'm not saying that Powell County shouldn't have the opportunity to host the region if they have the proper facility. I'm just saying that it is a long drive. As it is for the 56th to drive to Letcher. I don't know the answer. I'm just stating a fact.

  • Author
I'm not saying that Powell County shouldn't have the opportunity to host the region if they have the proper facility. I'm just saying that it is a long drive. As it is for the 56th to drive to Letcher. I don't know the answer. I'm just stating a fact.

You're right. It's a long drive from Whitesburg to Stanton, and vice-versa. But if they're going to allow the tournament to be at one of these schools, then they have to allow it to be at the other. Both are at extreme ends of the region. And Powell has the advantage over Letcher Central of having more seating (Letcher doesn't seat much more than Estill County) and better parking and exit routes after the game. As a matteer of fact, the only host that can equal Powell in parking and quick exits after the games is Perry.

 

As far as central location, Breathitt County is the most centrally located of any of the host, not Hazard or Hindman.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.