Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Simon Kenton 64 Lexington Catholic 51

Featured Replies

  • Author

That has always confused me as well. Simon Kenton has a 19 - 4 record and are still unranked. They've beaten Rockcastle Co.(without Tolliver), Highlands, and Lex. Cath. who are all ranked. And beaten good Owensboro Catholic and NCC teams. :confused::confused:

Edited by liveblue4ever

  • Replies 36
  • Views 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

How can a :confused:team like Lex. Cath. have a record of 14w-11L still be ranked 17th in the state? (BGP polls)

 

I don't know if they deserve to be ranked #17 in the state, or not. I saw them play Simon Kenton. This is obviously a much weaker Lexington Catholic team than what I have seen over the past few years.

 

But, did you look at the schedule that Lexington Catholic plays? It has to be one of the toughest schedules of any team in the state.

http://scoreboard.12dt.com/scoreboard/khsaa/kygbk08/?id=28844

SK should be ranked in the top 20. (They do play in the 8th which is a little down this season.)

 

But SK has beaten almost all of the good team in the 9th. They are a very good team!

 

I am looking forward to seeing them play again at Brossart on Monday.

 

Brossart has an outstanding athlete in Sanker. I hope she can slow CT down.

 

SK has great scoring balance, I hope the Lady Stangs can keep this game close.

Does anyone know where any of the girls from SK will be playing college ball?

 

Congrats on a great season, career and big win on senior night.

  • Author

I think that Smith, Tolliver, and both Figgins are interested in playing at the next level. Thomas Moore is really interested in Tolliver as well as Union. Union is also looking at Smith. The Figgins twins have been at several colleges for visits.

I think that Smith, Tolliver, and both Figgins are interested in playing at the next level. Thomas Moore is really interested in Tolliver as well as Union. Union is also looking at Smith. The Figgins twins have been at several colleges for visits.

 

The senior class at Simon Kenton seems to be a great group of girls. They have represented their school VERY well over the past 4-5 years. I wish them all well.

 

Is Thomas Moore and Union the only two that have shown interest in Chelsea Tolliver?

 

If so, I find this difficult to believe. Has she sent tapes to anyone? Surely she plays AAU ball and has been "seen" there. Does Coach Stowers try to help find something for her?

 

I may not be a good judge of where a talent may fit in the college game. I would have guessed that Tolliver would have many (D1) schools pursuing her.

I saw Nancy Winstel of NKU at Simon Kenton a few weeks ago and was wondering who she might have been looking at. It was the Simon Kenton-Newport Catholic game.

Bombsquad, I feel the same way about Tolliver. She gets the job done. Is it the 5'5'' that hurts her??

Edited by roger482ky
add a word

I saw Nancy Winstel of NKU at Simon Kenton a few weeks ago and was wondering who she might have been looking at. It was the Simon Kenton-Newport Catholic game.

 

Nancy was there to watch NCC's Courtney Sandfoss. Chelsea Tolliver is 6th on her list.

  • Author
Bombsquad, I feel the same way about Tolliver. She gets the job done. Is it the 5'5'' that hurts her??

 

It could be her height but look at Shannon Bobbit (Sp.) who is now playing in the WNBA. She is listed at 5'2''. To me it's not how "big" you are but rather how "big" you play.

  • Author
The senior class at Simon Kenton seems to be a great group of girls. They have represented their school VERY well over the past 4-5 years. I wish them all well.

 

Is Thomas Moore and Union the only two that have shown interest in Chelsea Tolliver?

 

If so, I find this difficult to believe. Has she sent tapes to anyone? Surely she plays AAU ball and has been "seen" there. Does Coach Stowers try to help find something for her?

 

I may not be a good judge of where a talent may fit in the college game. I would have guessed that Tolliver would have many (D1) schools pursuing her.

 

 

Those two schools seem to be the ones with the most intrest, that I've seen while attending games. There was somebody from Louisville at the Owensboro Catholic (Lex Cath Tourney) game but who they were there to see I do not know. :idunno:

Nancy was there to watch NCC's Courtney Sandfoss. Chelsea Tolliver is 6th on her list.

 

I wondered if it might have been Courtney she was there to watch. She came in after the Highlands-Mason County game was over so I knew it wasnt someone from that game she was looking at.

Bombsquad, I feel the same way about Tolliver. She gets the job done. Is it the 5'5'' that hurts her??

 

I agree with what "liveblue" said.

 

If Pat Summit can go with Shannon Bobbitt (5 ft 2 in) at the point and win back to back national championships, I find it difficult to believe that a smaller D1 program would take a pass on Chelsea Tolliver just because she is 5'5".

 

If this site http://www.vaporia.com/sports/wcpage.html is accurate, there are ~340 Women's Basketball Division 1 programs in the country. Surely one of them could use a 5'5" guard with Tolliver's ability.

The senior class at Simon Kenton seems to be a great group of girls. They have represented their school VERY well over the past 4-5 years. I wish them all well.

 

Is Thomas Moore and Union the only two that have shown interest in Chelsea Tolliver?

 

If so, I find this difficult to believe. Has she sent tapes to anyone? Surely she plays AAU ball and has been "seen" there. Does Coach Stowers try to help find something for her?

 

I may not be a good judge of where a talent may fit in the college game. I would have guessed that Tolliver would have many (D1) schools pursuing her.

 

 

St. Louis has also shown interest in CT.

CT is very good. hard to say if she will fit a d1 program.

 

She will certainly get an opportunity to play somewhere.

 

NKU signed another big guard, I think she would fit well at Bellermine.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.