Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

4 Words...Mel Kiper Mock Draft!!!

Featured Replies

Flacco gets way too much credit. When their defense is healthy and can stay that way for an entire season, the Ravens are always in the hunt regardless of who is taking snaps. They've cycled through several QB's since winning a Super Bowl with Trent Dilfer.

 

I don't think Flacco was asked, nor required, to do nearly as much for his team to be successful as Matt Ryan was in Atlanta.

 

I do like Flacco's potential though...for the first time I actually think the Ravens might have the guy to solidify that position for a decade or so. Which is about right, because the defense is probably near the end of its dominating run.

 

But, nevertheless, Flacco was the starting QB for a team that advanced to the AFC Title game. That is a fact.

 

To me he is dead on what Big Ben was his rookie year.

  • Author

This QB class reminds me a lot of last year's in the sense that there are very few guys that people view as elite guys who will go at the top and a bunch of guys whom you could throw in a crap shot and come out with a potential player down the road.

  • Author

Here is Mayock's top 5 at each position.

 

http://www.nfl.com/news/story?id=09000d5d80dff358&template=with-video-with-comments&confirm=true

 

He had some good calls last year...he wasn't a big Run DMC fan, he loved Jake Long, he especially liked Joe Flacco.

 

He has some interesting picks. He likes the Baylor kid at tackle over Smith from Alabama. Mel Kiper has the Bengals taking Jason Smith from Baylor in his first mock.

Here is Mayock's top 5 at each position.

 

http://www.nfl.com/news/story?id=09000d5d80dff358&template=with-video-with-comments&confirm=true

 

He had some good calls last year...he wasn't a big Run DMC fan, he loved Jake Long, he especially liked Joe Flacco.

 

He has some interesting picks. He likes the Baylor kid at tackle over Smith from Alabama. Mel Kiper has the Bengals taking Jason Smith from Baylor in his first mock.

 

Mayock always seems to do a better job of looking past the sexy picks and the numbers to guys that will translate well to the pro game.

 

I would think the Baylor kid would be a better fit for the Bengals as I'd like to think that they'd want to stay away from players with off the field issues. Of course they've proven me wrong before........

To me he is dead on what Big Ben was his rookie year.

 

There are definitely similarities, but I think Ben was better.

 

Like I said though, I like what I saw from Flacco. Part of the problem in Baltimore, for any QB, is the lack of offensive weapons to work with. Todd Heap isn't what he once was. When Derrick Mason is your best, and pretty much only, weapon, you're not going to scare anybody with your passing attack. With some experience and added weapons, Flacco looks like a good pick...too bad the defense probably won't be around to see that happen.

 

Think about Baltimore's passing game in the playoffs...a blown coverage by Tennessee results in a TD...Flacco throws a hail mary into double coverage that the Titans horribly botch and allow the WR to catch it that results in a FG...vs. Pittsburgh, they throw up two long balls and get PI's that result in TD's....their passing game in the playoffs consisting almost solely of throwing it up and hoping for a defensive mistake whether it be blown coverage, PI or misplays. Take those plays away and they may not have scored a point against Tennessee or Pittsburgh.

 

However, with their defense, that's a good strategy...pick your spots and take your shots. If you hit on a couple, that might be enough...it was in Tennessee, but it wasn't in P'burgh.

 

The Ravens seem to follow an every-other-year pattern, so next year everyone will probably be picking them to be good and they'll win about 5 or 6 games, while stars like Reed and Lewis (if he's still there) battel injuries.

It happens, I picked New England and San Fran to be in the Super Bowl last season (2007-2008). I guess I thought Frank Gore wouldn't put on 300 pounds, Alex Smith wouldn't choke and Nate Clements would play some Defense.

 

Its the NFL...impossible to predict these days. I wasn't too bad the previous season, but I was way off this time around. I'll try it again next year.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.