Brossart 43 Covington Catholic 32 (Frosh)

I see quite a few frosh scores on here, and wanted to pass along this one from Park Hills; which featured some old teammates squaring off. From the BB website, it sounded like the big difference in the game was the Mustangs ability to control the boards, especially in the 2nd half; as Brossart comes back from 3 down at the half to take this one. Mustang's "D" hold the freshmen Colonels to 1 point in the 4th quarter, until a last second 3 at the buzzer.

Mustangs were led in scoring by Zach Fardo with 13, Austin Hinkel with 8 and Trevor Bezold with 6. Also key 3's late in the game by Logan Kramer and Jared Hahn when it was still close. Colonels led by Michael Best with 8 and Fardo and Corey Kramer's old St. Joe's Bluejay teammate, Ryan Hayden with 7. Always tough to win anything in Park Hills. Congrats to the young Mustangs, and best of luck to both as they head towards districts!!

Congrats to the young Mustangs, and best of luck to both as they head towards districts!!

It is shaping up to be a District Championship of Campbell County vs Brossart @ Brossart on Feb. 5th. Should be a good one. The Camels won the regular season contest 40-25.

Yes and also regional tournaments but thats as far as it goes.

That must be a 10th region thing.

No such animal in the 9th. There is a year-end frosh tourney in NKY but its not broken into districts and regionals. I don't even think all teams are invited.

Edited by STRIKE3
edited quote

No such animal in the 9th. There is a year-end frosh tourney in NKY but its not broken into districts and regionals. I don't even think all teams are invited.

Some districts in the 8th have tourneys but no regional for frosh or jv.

Isn't that an invitational @ CovCath? I think some 10th and even 8th region teams have played in this one. I'm pretty sure Campbell and Brossart have played in it, along with Simon Kenton. Good tourney, but not a district/regional atmosphere. Never understood why in the 10th the freshmen play all the way to the regions, and JV play districts and call it a day??