2008 Albums...

formerkywrestler

Impressive...it would be hard to beat Elephant and Get Behind Me Satan.

The first Raconteurs album was a little shaky, but the group is really starting to find its sound in this one. You know I'm a huge Stripes fan, but I am really enjoying Jack's side project...

The first Raconteurs album was a little shaky, but the group is really starting to find its sound in this one. You know I'm a huge Stripes fan, but I am really enjoying Jack's side project...
I only found myself really liking a couple of songs off the first one. That's probably why it has taken me so long to get this one. I'll probably make this my next purchase.

I only found myself really liking a couple of songs off the first one. That's probably why it has taken me so long to get this one. I'll probably make this my next purchase.

I bought from their online site and just burned it to a CD. I think it was only 10.99...

It hasn't got me to the other side...but this is a really good album.

I like "Carolina Drama" the best, it's an exceptional track. "You Don't Understand Me", "Top Yourself", and "Rich Kid Blues" are all good too.

What albums did you really like that came out in 2008? What albums do you still want to get/hear?

Here are the albums I would own from 2008 that I have heard enough of to form an opinion and would own:

Brighter Than Creation's Dark - Drive-By Truckers Fantastic, especially on vinyl

19 - Adele

New Amerykah: Part 1 (4th World War) - Erykah Badu

Another Country - Tift Merritt Never got one of her albums, but have liked everything I've heard

Rockferry - Duffy

Same Old Man - John Hiatt

Trouble in Mind - Hayes Carll Been meaning to get that one …

Tha Carter III - Lil Wayne

Evil Urges - My Morning Jacket Great freakin' album

Heart of Stone - Chris Knight Great freakin' album

One Kind Favor - B.B. King

Cardinology - Ryan Adams & The Cardinals Great freakin' album

Fearless - Taylor Swift

808s & Heartbreak - Kanye West

The Point of it All - Anthony Hamilton

What do you think of these albums?

These are the releases I'm still interested in buying/listening to/etc.:

Hernando - North Mississippi All-Stars Great freakin' album

Warpaint - The Black Crowes I like what I've heard off this one, but haven't picked it up

Asking for Flowers - Kathleen Edwards (Jim, I'm such a slacker, I know you told me about this way back when it came out) I don't have the album, but everything I've heard of it is great.

Keep It Simple - Van Morrison

Consolers of the Lonely - The Raconteurs Great freakin' album

Vagrants & Kings - Cory Morrow

Lay it Down - Al Green

Last Days at the Lodge - Amos Lee

Two Men with the Blues - Willie Nelson and Wynton Marsalis

That Lonesome Song - Jamey Johnson

Comal County Blue - Jason Boland & The Stragglers

Only by the Night - Kings of Leon Been meaning to get this and all their other albums

Tennessee Pusher - Old Crow Medicine Show This is high on my "to buy" list

Little Honey - Lucinda Williams

Maybe some of the music buffs can shine some light on these I haven't listened to yet.

So BGP land...what are the albums for you?

See comments above in bold …

Thanks Jim. You need to go get Hayes' album, at his concert they had it in vinyl...I bet they have it at Ear-X-Tacy.

They had it one day I was there, but I hedged on getting it. When I went back a week later to pick it up, it was gone. They may have gotten another copy in by now.