Pineville 56 Barbourville 52

You got something there, a tough place to play, one of the loudest gyms I have been in.

I've never been, but would love to. I'd love to make a few trips down to some of the little schools in the 13th and 14th region. I have a buddy from down that direction who has story after story about playing at places like Barbourville, Pineville, Cordia, Buckhorn, etc.

Harlan's gym isn't that old. It was built in the mid 60s and had some work on it the last few months. Red Bird's school/gym was built in 1983-84, so it isn't that old either.

Pineville and OBI are your best bets in the 13th. You should try to get a tour of the old Evarts gym though. That one is unique.

Harlan's gym isn't that old. It was built in the mid 60s and had some work on it the last few months. Red Bird's school/gym was built in 1983-84, so it isn't that old either.

Pineville and OBI are your best bets in the 13th. You should try to get a tour of the old Evarts gym though. That one is unique.

I remember the district tournament being held at Evarts! It was miserable, to say the least. Praise God for Harlan County's gym. There will always be room in that thing!

Mid 60's would put it as old compared to the many new gyms built since then, nice place but still alittle old. I didn't realize Red Bird was built in the mid-80's, its a real trip to that school.

I was there last night, and it is a tough trip no matter how you go.

My point about Harlan's gym is that I don't think it looks much older than Whitley, Jackson, Corbin or Middlesboro or any other gyms built in that era.

The only old style gyms in the region are Pineville, OBI, Cumberland and Evarts and two of those are no longer open.