Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Who do you Play

Featured Replies

Who plays varsity; average upper classman or lower classman with more skill and potential?

I say play the best player. Who ever gives your team the best chance to win.

IMO you play the better player, regardless of age or grade.

^

 

I agree. I am playing the best player, but I think the question is too broad.

 

What is the average player giving me? I would prefer the skilled player get the most minutes, but I wouldn't give him the minutes based on potential if the average player is already giving me that. I work the underclass man harder in practice so he reaches his potential quicker which would allow me to play the more skilled player more than the average player.

 

Could you follow that? I hope it read the way I wanted it to.

:thumb::thumb:I agree

^

 

I agree. I am playing the best player, but I think the question is too broad.

 

What is the average player giving me? I would prefer the skilled player get the most minutes, but I wouldn't give him the minutes based on potential if the average player is already giving me that. I work the underclass man harder in practice so he reaches his potential quicker which would allow me to play the more skilled player more than the average player.

 

Could you follow that? I hope it read the way I wanted it to.

 

I understand perfectly.

I know this is a high school thread, but I think this is the perfect question for BGC. And just maybe we can start to understand why Porter is playing over Liggins. Just a thought.

  • Author

Then why do I continually see upper classman, the average ones, get minutes verses those of better caliber in the underclass? I have seen this for years...

Then why do I continually see upper classman, the average ones, get minutes verses those of better caliber in the underclass? I have seen this for years...

 

I would think maybe because they practice harder, or the coach just has more comfort with the person who has been in the system the longest.

Then why do I continually see upper classman, the average ones, get minutes verses those of better caliber in the underclass? I have seen this for years...
Usually the ultimate goal of any program and Coach, is too compete for a win. Whom plays, is always subjective to others.

 

When you say better caliber in the under class, then I will assume these players have more experience, size, quickness, ability and instincts for the game, than the upper classmen correct?

Play the ones whose parents are on the school board. :thumb:

  • Author

We surely do not have nepotism in the system? :)

Play the ones whose parents are on the school board. :thumb:

 

:laugh::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::laugh:

You play the best you have on Varsity, top 5 or 8 or 10.

 

But if you have a Junior who is not a starter and needs minutes to improve, you might play him on JV as well. There is no comparison between practice minutes and game experience.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.