Pre-Season rankings by average

For those that like math, polls, and statistics here you go. This poll was taken by adding the three rankings by Courier Journal (CJ), Lexington Herald (LH), and Bluegrass Preps (BGP) and dividing by 3.

1. Scott County--#1 in all three

2. Holmes--#2 in all three

3. J-Town--#3 in CJ, BGP, but #4 in LH

4. Elliott Co.--#4 in CJ, BGP, but #3 in LH

5. Manual

6. GRC

7. Ballard

7. Lexington Catholic

9. Warren Central

10. Hazard

11. Christian Co.

12. Dunbar

13. Male

14. North Hardin

15. Bryan Station

16. Corbin

16. Fairdale

18. Shelby Valley

The 18 teams above ranked in all 3 polls.

Mason Co., Franklin Co., Madisonville, Owensboro, and Adair Co. ranked in 2 of the 3 polls.

Anderson County, Eastern, PRP, and Bardstown ranked in 1 of the 3 polls.

For those that like math, polls, and statistics here you go. This poll was taken by adding the three rankings by Courier Journal (CJ), Lexington Herald (LH), and Bluegrass Preps (BGP) and dividing by 3.

1. Scott County--#1 in all three

2. Holmes--#2 in all three

3. J-Town--#3 in CJ, BGP, but #4 in LH

4. Elliott Co.--#4 in CJ, BGP, but #3 in LH

5. Manual

6. GRC

7. Ballard

7. Lexington Catholic

9. Warren Central

10. Hazard

11. Christian Co.

12. Dunbar

13. Male

14. North Hardin

15. Bryan Station

16. Corbin

16. Fairdale

18. Shelby Valley

The 18 teams above ranked in all 3 polls.

Mason Co., Franklin Co., Madisonville, Owensboro, and Adair Co. ranked in 2 of the 3 polls.

Anderson County, Eastern, PRP, and Bardstown ranked in 1 of the 3 polls.

Nice. How about one based on SOS (strength-of-schedule) and records? An RPI deal for high school.

It's too early, but is Holmes, after the BW game and scrimmages playing like a #2 team in the state? SC has looked dominate.

First half of the Beechwood game; NO. Holmes actually looked really good against Beechwood before Pittman had to go to the bench with foul trouble. They started out 9-0 then he went out and Beechwood went on a 10-4 run.

Second half, they looked much better and wore Beechwood out with their athleticism and length defensively.

Scott Co at one point was losing to Ballard in their first game 21-9 and started out slow as well.

I'd say it's still too early to tell. We'll know a lot after next sunday when Holmes and Scott Co meet.

First half of the Beechwood game; NO. Holmes actually looked really good against Beechwood before Pittman had to go to the bench with foul trouble. They started out 9-0 then he went out and Beechwood went on a 10-4 run.

Second half, they looked much better and wore Beechwood out with their athleticism and length defensively.

Scott Co at one point was losing to Ballard in their first game 21-9 and started out slow as well.

I'd say it's still too early to tell. We'll know a lot after next sunday when Holmes and Scott Co meet.

Good post. I guess I'd worry if I were Holmes if I let BW back into the game just because Pittman got into foul trouble. I would have thought that Holmes could have sat their starting 5 and won by the same margin.

I did not realize that SC struggled early.

I guess that next weeks game is still a prelude to a game we may well see in March. It appears that what each team see's next week however, will be nothing compared to what they will be at the end of the year.

SC's game against Duncanville though gets SC ready for the big time. I guess Holmes first big-time game is the SC game?

There is a little difference between Beechwood and Ballard. However nobody ever gets crowned after the first week of games. Every team has to improve to win it in March.

Welcome to the Information Superhighway. Where after one game played, everyone knows whose in the finals of the Sweet 16 and can clearly pick the All State teams. Let'r rip!

That's the thing about computers.....we can communicate bad information faster.:D