Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Boone Co 64 Ryle 52

Featured Replies

Are you saying that if the foul count is not even or close that there's a problem?

 

No blaming refs, just stating the foul counts. Boone had 2 players foul out to Ryle's none. I don't believe anyone from Ryle was in foul trouble.

  • Replies 35
  • Views 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Agree, but you have to admit some of the fouls called on Boone in the first half were questionable. I thought Ryle was able to get away with being more physical in the first half without having as many fouls called, while Boone was not. The fouls were more even in the second half. The first half was about 2 1/2 to 1 in favor of Ryle. Part of the reason may be that Ryle and their bigs were more effective/stronger inside in the half court set.

 

A lot of the fouls were ticky-tacky - for both sides - in the first half. It just kind of worked out that more were called against Boone, but I don't think it was quite at the 2 1/2 to 1 level (I know Ryle put them in the bonus and there's no way Boone had 17-18 fouls called on them). Bottom-line is that Ryle wasted a great opportunity in that half.

A lot of the fouls were ticky-tacky - for both sides - in the first half. It just kind of worked out that more were called against Boone, but I don't think it was quite at the 2 1/2 to 1 level (I know Ryle put them in the bonus and there's no way Boone had 17-18 fouls called on them). Bottom-line is that Ryle wasted a great opportunity in that half.

 

I think it was probably closer to 2 to 1. Boone put Ryle in the double bonus early in the second quarter, and Ryle didn't put Boone into the bonus until just before halftime. Ryle scored about 17 from free throws, and Boone had about 15. Boone made the most of their free throw opportunities and shot 80% for the game. Do you know what Ryle's FT % was?

I'm wondering if the loss of Flannery might have a bigger impact on Boone - at least intially - than expected. He was certainly a guy that could extend defenses and open up some room for Gabbard, as well as allow Earls to stay inside more. It looks as though Popp may be filling that role now? He certainly can shoot.

I think it was probably closer to 2 to 1. Boone put Ryle in the double bonus early in the second quarter, and Ryle didn't put Boone into the bonus until just before halftime. Ryle scored about 17 from free throws, and Boone had about 15. Boone made the most of their free throw opportunities and shot 80% for the game. Do you know what Ryle's FT % was?

 

No. I do know they missed the front end of a couple one-and-one's, though, and that always hurts.

I'm wondering if the loss of Flannery might have a bigger impact on Boone - at least intially - than expected. He was certainly a guy that could extend defenses and open up some room for Gabbard, as well as allow Earls to stay inside more. It looks as though Popp may be filling that role now? He certainly can shoot.

 

Boone seems to be putting less emphasis on three-point shooting this year, which is good. I never think it is good to live and die by the 3 unless you have to. However, hitting threes definitely helps open things up inside. It didn't seem that Boone or Ryle attempted many 3s last night. I remember only a few attempts by both teams.

 

Popp has improved his three-point shot, but he can also drive. Agree that Flannery can extend defenses. I'm sure he will be helping Scott Co. a lot.

 

Regardless, it's always nice to have one or two three-point assassins at your disposal.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.