Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Bardstown 2008/2009

Featured Replies

What does Bardstown need to do to improve in 2008/2009? What do they need to keep doing to be successful? Remember, please be constructive.

Bardstown is the consensus favorite to win the region right now and rightfully so. However with the injury of DeMarco Phillips still in question regarding the season and North Hardin's return of Greg Johnson, its a close 1 and 2 between B'town and NH.

 

Bardstown will have to replace nearly 20 points per game from Corey Hall. Hickman is a plausible replacement and will be their go-to guy. Bardstown can repeat, but its going to be somewhat tougher this year.

I dont know about consensus, but I agree with them being the favorite. You'll find more people favoring North Hardin at least on the message board. Right now it looks like a four team race: Btown, N.H., Taylor and Adair counties. T.C. seems to be somewhat over looked but as a Tiger fan you remember the Cardinals from the regional tournment, Cory Hall was big time in that game! You beat A.C. comfortablely last year although Hall had about seven 3pointers in that game also. I dont know how competitive you were against N. Hardin in your loss? I can't wait for the season to begin!

I dont know about consensus, but I agree with them being the favorite. You'll find more people favoring North Hardin at least on the message board. Right now it looks like a four team race: Btown, N.H., Taylor and Adair counties. T.C. seems to be somewhat over looked but as a Tiger fan you remember the Cardinals from the regional tournment, Cory Hall was big time in that game! You beat A.C. comfortablely last year although Hall had about seven 3pointers in that game also. I dont know how competitive you were against N. Hardin in your loss? I can't wait for the season to begin!

 

I'm with North, not B'town. I think talent-wise NH is tops. I am just waiting for us to prove it. Gotta get King back from football and see how Johnson fits in and then we'll know.

I think Bardstown has what it takes to repeat, but it will be much tougher this season for them. Taylor, Adair, and North Hardin will all field good teams this season and have some of the top players in the state. The 5th overall is up from last year.

I'm with North, not B'town. I think talent-wise NH is tops. I am just waiting for us to prove it. Gotta get King back from football and see how Johnson fits in and then we'll know.

 

My bad SpeedyGonzales. Did you see the N.H./Btown game last year? I think you guys (Trojans) won around 15 pts. Sometimes scores are misleading, was that your biggest lead? Dont count out Taylor or Adair. I know you wont the Indians considering the last 3 years they have played.

Bardstown is the consensus favorite to win the region right now and rightfully so. However with the injury of DeMarco Phillips still in question regarding the season and North Hardin's return of Greg Johnson, its a close 1 and 2 between B'town and NH.

 

Bardstown will have to replace nearly 20 points per game from Corey Hall. Hickman is a plausible replacement and will be their go-to guy. Bardstown can repeat, but its going to be somewhat tougher this year.

 

Hall was an excellent clutch HS player, but he only averaged about 13 ppg. His scoring can be replaced, but Hickman will need to step up to hit those clutch-situation shots Hall excelled at.

 

Corey's brother, Keaton, has a nice shooting stroke and is money in practice and warm-ups. He'll be able to help a lot if he develops into a good in-game shooter.

 

The loss of Demarco Phillips is big. He's tall, has long arms, can rebound inside and defend on the wing. I keep hearing he's going to be OK to play, but I haven't heard anything definitive yet.

 

Bardstown loses a good banger in Logan Edelen, but the Tiger interior defense should be able to weather the loss with the help of Damian Edelen, who came on late in the season to be an impact player last year.

 

I think Bardstown is capable of being much better than last year, mostly because I think Hickman will have a blow-up year, and should be one of the top PGs in the state.

Hall was an excellent clutch HS player, but he only averaged about 13 ppg. His scoring can be replaced, but Hickman will need to step up to hit those clutch-situation shots Hall excelled at.

 

Corey's brother, Keaton, has a nice shooting stroke and is money in practice and warm-ups. He'll be able to help a lot if he develops into a good in-game shooter.

 

The loss of Demarco Phillips is big. He's tall, has long arms, can rebound inside and defend on the wing. I keep hearing he's going to be OK to play, but I haven't heard anything definitive yet.

 

Bardstown loses a good banger in Logan Edelen, but the Tiger interior defense should be able to weather the loss with the help of Damian Edelen, who came on late in the season to be an impact player last year.

 

I think Bardstown is capable of being much better than last year, mostly because I think Hickman will have a blow-up year, and should be one of the top PGs in the state.

 

Keyword for Hickman is aggressiveness. He's got potential, but has to be forceful.

Some good news for Bardstown is D Phillips has been cleared to shoot around after surgery and may be cleared to play in the next couple of weeks. Talked to Jordan Hickman and he said he looking forward to the season and the challenges of the 5th region and the King of the Bluegrass tourney.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.