Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Holy Cross 13 Newport 7 (OT)

Featured Replies

From the Enquirer...

 

Roenker, who finished with 159 yards on 24 carries, said the winning play was called by the offensive line, not Holy Cross coaches.

 

"The line wanted an (isolation) on the left side because they knew we were doing what we wanted on that side," Roenker said. "It's all about trust with your line, and that proves it right there."

 

Kozerski had a slightly different take on the game's final, fateful play.

 

"When I ask what they want and they tell me what I want, then they get their wish," the coach said. "We felt like we had the matchup we wanted on that side, and Andy put his head down and bulled his way in."

 

Come on coach, give the players credit. Sometimes they know what they are talking about!

 

Sounds like the O-line knew what to do and what they were seeing all night long.

If HC doesn't pass the ball, they won;t go far in the playoffs period.

If HC doesn't pass the ball, they won;t go far in the playoffs period.

 

They actually had people open on some of the pass routes but the QB was hitting them.

They actually had people open on some of the pass routes but the QB was hitting them.

 

Did you mean wasn't??

Did you mean wasn't??

 

Yeah I meant "wasn't".:sssh:

  • Author
From a distance, it seems like Newport has really improved as the season has gone on.

 

Newport still need to improve on the O line run blockin they still not open holes for Short to run, the best runnin play they had is with Collins runnin with Short lead blockin for him, nothin wrong with Collins runnin with the ball he is gettin better. I think Short need to carry the ball more they try to bring Oden in but he just can't get it done. I like what Newport did change it up on D all and all Newport played a good game. Good luck to both teams!

Newport still need to improve on the O line run blockin they still not open holes for Short to run, the best runnin play they had is with Collins runnin with Short lead blockin for him, nothin wrong with Collins runnin with the ball he is gettin better. I think Short need to carry the ball more they try to bring Oden in but he just can't get it done. I like what Newport did change it up on D all and all Newport played a good game. Good luck to both teams!

 

Agree that Short should run the ball more and Collins is running the ball good as well. Defense finally went to a 5-3 which was good. I would actually consider going to a three back set too on offense.

  • Author
Agree that Short should run the ball more and Collins is running the ball good as well. Defense finally went to a 5-3 which was good. I would actually consider going to a three back set too on offense.

 

I also like them in a 3 back set run some power football!! They have done that a few times this year and was able to move the ball. You have said they should go to a 5-3 for a while now maybe some one is listin, it seem to work out for the most part.

I also like them in a 3 back set run some power football!! They have done that a few times this year and was able to move the ball. You have said they should go to a 5-3 for a while now maybe some one is listin, it seem to work out for the most part.

 

I have been watching them all season long and they had been getting killed trying to defend the running game and the best defense is the 5-3 to defend it. Now you could always go to the 6-2 but you tend to eliminate a linebacker that is so needed. As far the three back set on offense - as you have said they did it before and had some good runs come out of it. You can run the ball hard with it and you can still have a descent passing game out of it too. Einstein70 - I guess you and I are old school but you know it work then and it works now.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.