First time poster..........a question about............

.........transfer possibilities for the KY High School rules guys/gals. If a ninth grader has enrolled in a school but not played or practiced on any varsity team, could he/she transfer, after school has been in session, and be immediately eligible?

I believe the rules indicate a student can pick any school beginning their freshman year but could they change schools before playing or practicing for that initial school?

Whenever in doubt call the KHSAA. It's free.

http://www.khsaa.org

Better hope the person they connect you to is there to answer your question. The few times I have left a voicemail, I have never gotten a return call.

I have really gotten used to people not returning calls. The gov't offices in Frankfort that I deal with at work are the worst. I have also e-mailed a couple of times....no reply.

It was a hypothetical based on a discussion I had with someone and after not being sure based on reading the rules. It looked, from the rules, that a student could make such a switch and be eligible even though that took interpretation. And who knows how interpretation may go, right!?!?

Contacting the KHSAA, as suggested, would be the route if one was actually in that situation. But message boards are more fun!

Thanks again.