NEKY 1A Playoff match-ups

sidelinedoc

Distirct 1-5 Fairview, Lexington Christian, Nicholas County, Paris, Raceland.

Will play:

Distirct 1-6 Campbellsville, Clinton County, Lynn Camp, Williamsburg

I see D1-5 coming out like this:

1. Raceland, 2. LCA, 3. Fairview, 4. Paris

I see D1-6 coming out like this:

1. Williamsburg, 2. Campbellsville, 3. Lynn Camp, 4. Clinton County

That would make the first round of the playoffs look like this:

Raceland vs. Clinton County

LCA vs. Lynn Camp

Fairview vs. Campbellsville

Paris vs. Williamsburg

I think the second round will be:

Winner of Raceland/Clinton vs. Winner of Fairview/Campbellsville

Winner of LCA/Lynn Camp vs. Winner of Paris/Williamsburg

Regional Championship will be the winners of the two above games.

Edited by Ram

Ram, I thought that the first two rounds of the playoffs were the "inside the district" playoffs for the district title.

Example: Should Raceland be the #1 seed, then the Rams would play the 4 seed out of our district (Paris probably) with the 2 seed (LCA) playing Fairview then the two winners meeting for the district championship. That is the way it was set up last season I believe. Has the format changed?

Ram, I thought that the first two rounds of the playoffs were the "inside the district" playoffs for the district title.

Example: Should Raceland be the #1 seed, then the Rams would play the 4 seed out of our district (Paris probably) with the 2 seed (LCA) playing Fairview then the two winners meeting for the district championship. That is the way it was set up last season I believe. Has the format changed?

Nope. That was the way it was last year, but the KHSAA wants to keep us on our toes, so we are playing cross districts this year. D1 plays D2, D3 plays D4, and so on.

RAM - I don't want to threadjack, but how are the 2A playoffs aligned this season?

The same way. District 1 will play District 2, District 3 will play District 4, and so on. Number 1 team from District 1 will play Number 4 team from District 2, and Number 2 team from District 1 will play Number 3 team from District 2, and so on. This the way it will work for every class except 6A in the first round.

The same way. District 1 will play District 2, District 3 will play District 4, and so on. Number 1 team from District 1 will play Number 4 team from District 2, and Number 2 team from District 1 will play Number 3 team from District 2, and so on. This the way it will work for every class except 6A in the first round.

Who are DAnville's potential first round opponents?

Who are DAnville's potential first round opponents?

District 2-4 Bardstown, Danville, Fort Knox, Washington County

Will play:

District 2-3 Glasgow, Green County, Metcalfe County, Monroe County

With Danville likely winning their district and Glaslow being winless, I wound say that Danville will play Glaslow in round one.