Have you ever......

doodle

I was just wondering have you ever been to a football game where the National Anthem was not played and their sound system didn't work to where you could hear the play's made and who carried the ball??? Well I have and it has not happened once but twice and IMO I find it to be rude and somewhat unsportsmanhip in other teams I know it may cruel of me but I don't mean for it to be. But I was wondering does this happen often or once in a blue moon.:confused::confused::confused:

Sometimes PA systems break down.

I have been to games that had that happen and the fans sang the national anthem before the game. It was kind of neat.

FWIW a football game can be played just fine with no announcer. In fact the way some PA people seem to think the fans are there to hear them rather then watch the game it can be a welcome change to watch a game without one.

I have been to games that had that happen and the fans sang the national anthem before the game. It was kind of neat.

FWIW a football game can be played just fine with no announcer. In fact the way some PA people seem to think the fans are there to hear them rather then watch the game it can be a welcome change to watch a game without one.

I agree totally. I've been to a couple of games this season where I couldn't even carry on a conversation about the game with the person next to me due to the PA man constantly listening to himself talk. I like having the PA but some do not realize it's not play by play announcing.

:thumb: As for the bolded, I have certainly heard a few of those.

I have not, except for freshman or little league. If you are like me and don't always know the penaltys and can not always tell who is doing what, it makes it more interesting for me if someone is calling the plays. I do think it is bad that the National Anthem is not played at a varsity game but I guess things sometimes happen beyond control.

I have not, except for freshman or little league. If you are like me and don't always know the penaltys and can not always tell who is doing what, it makes it more interesting for me if someone is calling the plays. I do think it is bad that the National Anthem is not played at a varsity game but I guess things sometimes happen beyond control.

:thumb: I agree, if a PA anouncer does things in the right way it is good and only adds to it. Some go on and on and are much louder than they need to be. Those are the ones that I was speaking about.