McCreary Co. 34 Harlan 12

Bronco99

Final Score. I can tell you that Harlan's hospitality was A-#1 and their players hit just as hard on the last play as they did on the first play. Keep your heads up Green Dragons you will get yours because you have a good coach and you work hard! Good luck the rest of the year!

Coach Donahue is a good coach and Harlan are always gracious hosts. They are down this year but I expect that will back at the top of the heap in a couple of years. Score was about what I expected. McCreary continues to improve and Watts and Roark have big play ability.

Both teams are evenly matched. Where will they be come playoffs? I would say both will be preparing for basketball soon enough.

Good to see you are being so positive about other teams and I want to be the first to thank you. I am sure the Raider players who just had a nice victory appreciates it too as does the Green Dragon players who just faught their hearts out. But anyway, good job on the positive side!

In the 1st quarter it looked like a rout was going to place but Harlan never gave up and played hard. The Dragons are lacking foot speed all over the field and there is no coaching that can correct that. Due to the few seniors on the team, 3 I think, Harlan should be improving in the next few years. They have some decent middle school teams that should be competitive with other Class A teams in the area in the future.

Are either of these teams expected to make a deep playoff run? I don't think so, and both schools are much more known for their basketball.

Unexpected things happen all of the time that is why we play the game. If there is never an upset we would have no reason to play the games. We should just skip the regular season and jump straight to the semi finals and have a 2 game season. Or, we can let the kids play and try not to discourage their efforts with negative comments. But, I understand that putting teams down on here gives some people the feeling of power or something but it is still harmful to the kids and their programs to do so!

Edited by STRIKE3
edited quote

Final Score. I can tell you that Harlan's hospitality was A-#1 and their players hit just as hard on the last play as they did on the first play. Keep your heads up Green Dragons you will get yours because you have a good coach and you work hard! Good luck the rest of the year!

Another fine display of running the football by the Green. If only we had stuck to it during pivotal points in the game. Also, why kick deep to those two great athletes? I am in no way trying to take anything away from McCreary. Great athletes make their plays one way or another. I think the dragons gave 100% for 4 quarters. They are all heart. But we continue to make mistakes from the sidelines. :madman: Congratulations to McCreary. It is good to see your program on the rise. :thumb:

Another fine display of running the football by the Green. If only we had stuck to it during pivotal points in the game. Also, why kick deep to those two great athletes? I am in no way trying to take anything away from McCreary. Great athletes make their plays one way or another. I think the dragons gave 100% for 4 quarters. They are all heart. But we continue to make mistakes from the sidelines. :madman: Congratulations to McCreary. It is good to see your program on the rise. :thumb:

I agree, the Green Dragon offensive line owned the night and their running back was a handful. I was glad that the Raiders defense held when they had to but they need a lot of work or adjustments from the coaches to get them where they can slow down their next apponent. I hope they really concentrate of the "D" side of the ball this week in practice and use this game as a tool to see what needs to be corrected! Again, my hats are off to the Green Dragons they played hard all night and congrats to the Raiders on a hard foaught well deserved win!

I agree, the Green Dragon offensive line owned the night and their running back was a handful. I was glad that the Raiders defense held when they had to but they need a lot of work or adjustments from the coaches to get them where they can slow down their next apponent. I hope they really concentrate of the "D" side of the ball this week in practice and use this game as a tool to see what needs to be corrected! Again, my hats are off to the Green Dragons they played hard all night and congrats to the Raiders on a hard foaught well deserved win!

Bronco, I can tell you that the coaching staff was not pleased with the "D" performance in this game. However, there were many instances were they bent but did not break. As I suspected Harlan played a hard nosed game and never quit and for that alone they are winners in my book! They have some great kids, coaches and fans. I wish them luck with the rest of their season and congradulations to the Raiders for the win. Now, have a good week of practice and fix the "Big D" before Thursday!