St. Xavier 57 Manual 0

miragesmack

Bear 78 - no it really didn't have to be 57-0. It wouldn't have either if not for 7 Manual turnovers and 98 yards of total offense. It's difficult to keep from scoring when the opposition gives you that many more possessions via turnovers. The score was 43-0 late in the third quarter when the St. X. defense recovered a Ram fumble in the endzone to make it 50-0. The final score came on an off tackle dive that went 61 yards for the final score.

I'm not sure its sour grapes as much as frustration with the perceptions about Manual and other public school programs. X & T get the talent they want, much more of a complete package than any public school has assembled this year. How many lineman comparible to X's can be found at YPAS?

X could easily field two teams that could compete with most 6A schools and probably another in the 3A or 4A area.

X has a good team this year and will likely comptete for the title. I know some of the kids on the team and they are good kids!

With all they have going for them why do they play like they have a chip on their shoulder? Did the score really need to be 57-0?

What are the kids and coaching staff supposed to do? You can't take a knee up 21 in the second qtr. "Why do they play like they have a chip on their shoulder", its 6A football thats why. You play to win the game. I know a couple kids who play like they have boulders on their shoulders every play of every game since the age of 5.