Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Volleyball Preview

Featured Replies

Without Terry B covering sports... I think this is just what it will be all season. Everyone needs to either email and/or call Ryan Ernst at the Enquirer and demand better HS coverage for all the kids!

 

I'm looking at the paper and I see reports on 5 games. What's the issue? I'm unclear.

Sounds like SHDHS showed well last night. When do the CRU and the Pandas go at it?

Besides the poor preview of the teams the only other news of interest was that Jenny Mertle OLPA / NCC head volleyball coach for the last 30 years will retire after the end of this current season .
A big loss to the Northern Ky volleyball coaching fraternity .
NDA won in 2. First game 25-7 and the second 25-11. Freshmen and JV also won in 2. :thumb:

What a shame that they can't cover the girls but do about a coach retiring. There are a lot of games being played so there is plenty to report on. Oh well we just have to be that voice I suppose.:p:thumb:

The paper really didn't cover it . It was only two or three short sentances at the end of the volleyball preview . If it was the Post it would have been covered .:fire:

Enquirer, (newspaper) had the score (nda/sk) on the next page but not on the page with the "small blurbs" of results. I saw a couple guys with large cameras and assumed they were the paper, but, maybe not. We might as well get used to it.

Saw that Lloyd defeated Dixie last night. Lloyd has a scrappy quality team. Not top five but a sound 6-10 place team.

I guess I thought that in the "Roundup" section they mention 5 of the 8 games played, why not all of them? Obviously St.H should be mentioned, they deserve that. Guess we were spoiled with more NKY team coverage with the Post and had hopes that it would not be this bad. But it is early in the season, keep the optimism.

NDA plays St. H 9/25 Volley for the Cure

I'm not positive but I think it is the responsibility of

the home team coach to call the results and stats in to the paper.

This was true even when the post was doing NKY sports. However I do agree that Enquirer does not do a good job covering NKY.

Unfortunately you are right we have to get use to it. I subcribed to the Post only because of its N Ky coverage. The Enquirer never cover N KY sports and obviously haven't changed much. Too Bad for everyone but especially the kids.

I guess I thought that in the "Roundup" section they mention 5 of the 8 games played, why not all of them? Obviously St.H should be mentioned, they deserve that. Guess we were spoiled with more NKY team coverage with the Post and had hopes that it would not be this bad.

 

I'm not positive but I think it is the responsibility of

the home team coach to call the results and stats in to the paper.

This was true even when the post was doing NKY sports. However I do agree that Enquirer does not do a good job covering NKY.

 

Vdad - you are correct. Surely we don't think the KY Post had people at every game do we? Schools call it in. I bet the Post didn't have more than one actual reporter covering vball on a given night.

The coaches do call info in, however, the advantage with the Post was that Terry knew the players and the coaches. He was always involved, looking for human interest stories and he actually understood the game. He knew which games were the ones to cover etc. There was something in the paper a couple times a week as far as articles. He had knowledge of his job and did the research himself. That's the difference.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.