NKY Vikings 12U Girls in Natl Championship

I am sure that the post just meant that some of the girls are not yet in High School and therefor do not know where they are going. Quit being such a consipiracy theorist.

I was hoping the Tiger1 would respond to my question since it was his/her original post. I just wanted clarification from the original source. I just found the wording, "current and possible future Walton Verona players" very curious. No conspiracy theory, just want clarification from the original source.

Edited by madman
spelling

I was hoping the Tiger1 would respond to my question since it was his/her original post. I just wanted clarification from the original source. I just found the wording, "current and possible future Walton Verona players" very curious. No conspiracy theory, just want clarification from the original source.

All these kids love playing with each other and some are looking at keeping it this way at the same high school.

Congrats to the Lady Vikings. Coach Clinkenbeard and Coach Slavey do a great, great job with their respected programs. That includes boys and girls basketball. I am sure that there is just as much talent in FL and there was in MN. Who wants to go to MN on vacation anyway.:confused: And UNC-5 just be happy for some KIDS who worked and played hard and WON A NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP!!!! Weather it be AAU OR YBOA.

Edited by STRIKE3
Rule #2 comment, removed

Not to stir the pot here and it is great that they did well at YBOA Nationals- CONGRATS!!!

However, there is a difference in the level of competition between YBOA & AAU and there is another one where the nationals are in Chicago - name has slipped me for the moment- AAU by far has the highest level of competition and they have both a D1 & and a D2 division within AAU- D2 is usually held at Disney World so it can draw some D1 teams just because of the location and I have heard many parents say that the location makes it better because most people would rather go to FL than MN- easy to decide on that one.

It really is a matter of preference and what they want to accomplish- very few 12 year olds are going to make much noise nationally- the exceptional ones, yes, but those players get seen no matter what event that they attend.

My daughter has played in all 3 national tournaments - each has its advantages - you just have to know what you are looking for. If you want colleges to see you- you go the aau route- the other two are not near the competitive level and don't draw much of a college coach following. They are fun events and you get to play games in a national setting.

To me if you win YBOA- why not take it up a notch the next year and go for AAU. If you have ever been to the AAU nationals, you will understand this- it is unreal the level of the competition that is there, even at age 12. PHENOMENAL. If you have not been, you really won't understand it but there really is a difference- a big big difference.

Either way, at least they are playing - good for them!