North Laurel 2008/2009

I think North will be okay this year. Seidel is an amazing scorer and shoots over 49% from behind the arc. However, they have to find someone else to take on more of the scoring load as they can't be a one man show. Wardrup can take on some of that when he is ready to play. Eversole and Creech can give you some points in the paint, but not much consistently. Their season will depend on getting a PG who can score and run the show and staying under control. They don't have much size and that will hurt them a great deal. I would not be surprised to see Coach Conway press even more than normal to try and stay out of a half court game against solid big men (eg. St John from South Laurel, etc) and force a lot of turnovers to get some easy baskets.

I think North will be okay this year. Seidel is an amazing scorer and shoots over 49% from behind the arc. However, they have to find someone else to take on more of the scoring load as they can't be a one man show. Wardrup can take on some of that when he is ready to play. Eversole and Creech can give you some points in the paint, but not much consistently. Their season will depend on getting a PG who can score and run the show and staying under control. They don't have much size and that will hurt them a great deal. I would not be surprised to see Coach Conway press even more than normal to try and stay out of a half court game against solid big men (eg. St John from South Laurel, etc) and force a lot of turnovers to get some easy baskets.

Seidel really shot 49% from behind the arc, I didn't know that, really awsome.

• 2 weeks later...
Seidel really shot 49% from behind the arc, I didn't know that, really awsome.

That came straight from Coach Conway. I knew his percentage was very high. What helped it was his ability to drive to the basket and get his own shot instead of just relying on screens. If NL can find a solid PG and some help in the paint, they could be a sleeper in the 13th this year.

That came straight from Coach Conway. I knew his percentage was very high. What helped it was his ability to drive to the basket and get his own shot instead of just relying on screens. If NL can find a solid PG and some help in the paint, they could be a sleeper in the 13th this year.

I could see North making a run if they find a PG. Did you like the hire for district AD?

I could see North making a run if they find a PG. Did you like the hire for district AD?

Why do you need a PG???? Seidel would have the ball in his hands as much as possible if I were coaching. The kid can play, heck run ball screens for him he's a player.

Why do you need a PG???? Seidel would have the ball in his hands as much as possible if I were coaching. The kid can play, heck run ball screens for him he's a player.

Trust me, if they don't find a PG it will be very tough for North Laurel to have a winning season.

• 4 weeks later...

North should struggle this year. They lost their two major ball handlers and most experienced post player. Seidel is a top player in the region and can shoot from anywhere and be deadly. They return one other starter, pending on their schedule will be a .500 ball club.

• 4 weeks later...

I was mistaken. Seidel shot just over 47% behind the arc, not 49% as I initially reported.

He averaged 23 ppg, 7 rpg, FT % of 88.5%, etc. He needs some help, especially on the inside. If they can find someone to battle underneath and a PG, they could be okay this season. Eversole and Creech will need to step up inside. Shears and Wardrup can take on some of the scoring load, but this team will have to lean on Seidel a bunch. He has developed into a great 6'5" guard who can shoot from anywhere on the floor, but the younger players have to step up.