Little League & Minor League Updates (fastpitch softball)

District 4

LITTLE LEAGUE (11-12) Laurel County vs Burnside in finals (LC is still unbeaten, Burnside has 1 loss 3-0 to LC in the winners bracket finals. Game on Thursday at 6pm. If LC wins, they go to state, if Burnside wins, forces a final game on either 7-5 or 7-7 to go to state). Burnside defeated Corbin 9-6 in 8 innings on Weds.

MINOR LEAGUE (9-10) South London vs North Laurel in the finals. Both teams have 1 loss (NL 8 SL 7 in winners bracket, SL 11 NL 1 in first finals game on Weds evening). Winner of Thursday game goes to state at Russell Flatwoods.

Who else has updates on who will be at state? Last year, North Laurel won the Little League state title and South London won the Minor League state title (@ Russell Springs).

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You stated earlier that North laurel won the LL state title last year...just wondering if they combined the two leagues this year to make Laurel County LL or if there are more leagues in the county besides North Laurel and South London? Just curious.

You stated earlier that North laurel won the LL state title last year...just wondering if they combined the two leagues this year to make Laurel County LL or if there are more leagues in the county besides North Laurel and South London? Just curious.

They did not have enough in the 11-12 yr old this year for North & South to both have all star teams, so they combined North Laurel & South London little leagues for that age group. They have done this in the past, but normally for jr league (13-14). There were only 2 girls remaining from last year's NL state champion squad who played LL this year. Most are playing travel ball this summer. They are playing under North Laurel's charter but representing all of Laurel County. Minor league did have enough so they had seperate teams. They play each other at most levels throughout the season.

Russell-Flatwoods 11-12 advance...have yet to give up a run in 5 games!

No surprise there. RF always dominates that district and usually has a very good run at the state tournament! I would put Russell Flatwoods and Laurel County as the 2 teams to beat this year. RF and North Laurel certainly were by far the 2 best teams last year. Wish I could go, .. should be a fun tournament!

Looking forward to watching some good softball. We always loved traveling when going to state' date=' but it's definitely nice to have it in your backyard every once in a while!!![/quote']

For the parents, hosting the state tournament is great, except for the extra work. No travel or hotel expenses. But the kids do seem to love to travel. Makes it a little more memorable for them IMHO. I, for one, am with you and love to not have the travel expenses associated with it, but my daughter always loves the travel and being with her friends in a new environment! Good luck to all the teams.

BTW, did they change the dates to this coming weekend? I heard that the state tourney might have been moved up 1 week.

Day 1 Results

Russell Flatwoods - 10

East Ridge - 0

North Oldham 5

Butler Co. 2

Marion Co. over

Grayson (not sure of the final, maybe a mercy?)11 or 12-1??

Laurel Co. 17

Red River Valley 0 or something like that

9s and 10s North Oldham edged South Shore and South London over Grayson going into the 4th and pulling away