Mayfield Hires New Assistant Coaches

Mayfield High School athletic Director and Head football coach hired two new coaches this week. Chris Champion will be the new offensive line coach. Chris is a ex-Mayfield player who played on the 2002 Championship team. He went to Murray State on a track scholarship. He has coached the middle school football team the last two years and was an assistant coach last year for the Murray State track team.

Chris will also be the new track coach also. He is a two time state champion in the shot put.

Mayfeild also hired a Coach Franklin from Louisville Moore. I didn't get his first name. Does anyone have any info on him?

There also will be some changes in who is calling the shots on both sides of the ball. Coach Joe will be the defensive coordinator. Stephen Hatchell will take over as offensive coordinator and will be calling the plays from the sidelines. I haven't heard what Coach Farris will be coaching. Coach Franklin will have the receivers I believe.

Mayfield High School athletic Director and Head football coach hired two new coaches this week. Chris Champion will be the new offensive line coach. Chris is a ex-Mayfield player who played on the 2002 Championship team. He went to Murray State on a track scholarship. He has coached the middle school football team the last two years and was an assistant coach last year for the Murray State track team.

Chris will also be the new track coach also. He is a two time state champion in the shot put.

Mayfeild also hired a Coach Franklin from Louisville Moore. I didn't get his first name. Does anyone have any info on him?

There also will be some changes in who is calling the shots on both sides of the ball. Coach Joe will be the defensive coordinator. Stephen Hatchell will take over as offensive coordinator and will be calling the plays from the sidelines. I haven't heard what Coach Farris will be coaching. Coach Franklin will have the receivers I believe.

Hatchell? Was he the QB for Graves in the late 90's?