2008 Bardstown

Kebbie Scott's big-play capability will be sorely missed, as will the toughness on defense of guys like Jeremy Gesser, Ted Mattingly and Jacob Carter. But Bardstown is not without talent and speed, and their ability to reload should keep them at home in the first round of the playoffs. Young guys will need to be able to stay positive and confident in the face of a very difficult schedule.

Bardstown's trouble is going to be on the offensive line. Only one player with experience Dominique McMackin, returns. Also, the line coach, Justin Blandford, has moved on to start a family, so Ron Koontz is doubling as DC and line coach.

I think there is plenty of talent to move into the skill spots, but the question will be can anyone block for them.

Bardstown will have one of the state's better pure middle linebackers, Rashaun Phillips, a 4 year starter. He is also a great fullback.

Bardstown had a scrappy team last year that played bigger than they were...will be another good game for Warren East this year.

...and it will be very nice to not have to play them on Joey Downs night!

Bardstown's trouble is going to be on the offensive line. Only one player with experience Dominique McMackin, returns. Also, the line coach, Justin Blandford, has moved on to start a family, so Ron Koontz is doubling as DC and line coach.

I think there is plenty of talent to move into the skill spots, but the question will be can anyone block for them.

Bardstown will have one of the state's better pure middle linebackers, Rashaun Phillips, a 4 year starter. He is also a great fullback.

Yeah, the o-line is probably where Gesser will be missed the most.

Still plenty of skill players to go around: Jordan Hickman, Demarco Phillips, Keaton Hall, DJ Keene, Deangelo Poynter, TJ Downs.

Bardstown has won 4 of the past 5 years Class A track titles, you don't have to block for them much.

Yeah, the o-line is probably where Gesser will be missed the most.

Just saw where Gesser will be playing at my alma mater, Centre College. Way to go, Jeremy!

He will join '07 grad, Paul Downs, along with N.C.'s Tyler Knight and Bethlehem's Kent Simpson, all playing for the Praying Colonels.

Just saw where Gesser will be playing at my alma mater, Centre College. Way to go, Jeremy!

He will join '07 grad, Paul Downs, along with N.C.'s Tyler Knight and Bethlehem's Kent Simpson, all playing for the Praying Colonels.

Somebody needs to be following the newspaper a little more closely. It was in there a good six weeks ago, if not more. :p

I'm planning on finding that out, and more, in the next week.

I was told that Coach Clark played Keaton Hall at QB at the 7 on 7 this past weekend and that all the Tigers made grades and are cleared to play this Fall.

I was told that Coach Clark played Keaton Hall at QB at the 7 on 7 this past weekend and that all the Tigers made grades and are cleared to play this Fall.

I'm told TJ Downs may get some PT under center as well, and may even be leading the battle with Hall.