Scott High 12 Bourbon County 9

FINAL

Scott High - 12 runs, 8 hits, 3 errors and 10 LOB

Bourbon County - 9 runs, 6 hits, 8 errors and 4 LOB

A very ugly win for the Eagles. Scott High will now face Nicholas County on Wednesday at 5:30 weather permitting. This could be a good game as well. Tuesday's match-ups will have GRC versus Harrison County at 5:30 and Campbell County and Saint Patrick will square off at 7:45. Semi's will be Wednesday with the Championship scheduled for Thursday. I'll be at work and won't get to see my beloved Thorobreds in action. Hopefully I can get to a computer and catch the action on WCYN.com. Good luck Thorobreds.

Edited by Hilltopper2005

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Defintly an ugly win for the eagles, but im sure the eagle faithful are holding up fine with all the hype, did you make it up there.:thumb:

I'm just kidding with you, they can't play like that and expect to win region, things have to change, but next time don't count your chickens before they hatch.

BTW, thanks for the updates you did a heck of a job.

Bourbon Co / Scott High, Pitchers on both sides struggled throwing strikes and the umpire's strike zone being very tight didn't help, along with the errors made this a ugly game to watch. Scott should be in the championship game, but they better not over look a determined Nicholas Co team. Good luck guys and congradulations to Bourbon Co, you guys suprised alot of teams lately and losing only 1 senior you guys should be figured in the mix next year.

This game to me was like Scott's second round game last year in the Region. Scott's left fielder struggles to catch balls in the outfield. Last night I would say alot had to do with the lighting, Harrison's lights are horrible poles are way to short for baseball lighting. Infield seems to be pretty good as far as playing surface.

I would say though Scott and Campbell still have the best fields in the Region.

Who pitched for both teams?

Bourbon Co started Ruppard but he came out in the 2nd, Jacoby pitched until the 6th and then they brought in Dutton. Scott started Adkins he was relieved in the 4th by Murray, all of them struggled with the umpires strike zone very tight.

This game to me was like Scott's second round game last year in the Region. Scott's left fielder struggles to catch balls in the outfield. Last night I would say alot had to do with the lighting, Harrison's lights are horrible poles are way to short for baseball lighting. Infield seems to be pretty good as far as playing surface.

I would say though Scott and Campbell still have the best fields in the Region.

Since you are talking about Scotts field,what happened to them hosting the region this year?:confused:

Scott has been working on a building behind the back-stop for years and the county finally stepped in and are trying to complete it. There has been construction going on and the facillity wasn't done in time to host the Region. Scott switched with Harrison this year and the Region will be at Scott next year. The facillity when completed will have restrooms, concession stand, a large press box on top and a locker room with showers and a Coaches office on the bottom in the back of the building. It will be a wonderful place to host the Region in 09.

Bourbon Co started Ruppard but he came out in the 2nd, Jacoby pitched until the 6th and then they brought in Dutton. Scott started Adkins he was relieved in the 4th by Murray, all of them struggled with the umpires strike zone very tight.

Jacoby impressed me very much for Bourbon. He threw very hard especially a guy his size. His control and lack of off speed stuff is my only concern, but the defense that Bourbon played last night, Not many pitchers in the state would of been able to overcome.

After Adkins was taken out of the game, the defense seemed to pick up, as did the intensity. Jordan pitched well, although this is the second time in a row is control hasn't been there. He gave up 9 runs, 3 which were earned, but two of those came off the routine popfly that Smith lost in the lights. Left field has to play better for the eagles if they want to win. Eagles faithful, I have a question, have the eagles hit a cut off man all year long, it seems like everytime they throw the ball in from the outfield its to the base they are throwing to, which gives teams chances to steal bases off you without having to earn them. You can't give teams in a regional tourney extra bases, they will come back and haunt you.

Murray did a great job shutting down Bourbon to give Scott a chance to comeback and win this game, two more fella's, and you will be one of 16 teams left playing, and one series a way from Applebee's.