Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

10th Region Draw?

Featured Replies

I don't think they have enough pitching to win 3 games in a row against quality teams, but they could upset and win a game or two.

 

I am not trying to push the buttons but the boys from Scott can hit the ball as well as anyone in the region. If they get a 3 or 4 run lead watch out because that seems to be when the really step on the gas.

  • Replies 43
  • Views 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:ylsuper:There is a good possibility that the Regional Championship could be a 37th District affair.

:ylsuper:There is a good possibility that the Regional Championship could be a 37th District affair.

 

Yes and it will be very difficult for the Camels to beat Scott 3 times in one year. I guess it will come down to whoever has the best pitching left to go.

Both teams are pretty evenly matched in that department if Adams arm is ok. Beating Harrison at home in the regionals is a monumental task to say the least. Im sure that Clark will have a chip on their shoulder as well after losing to Bourbon. Good Luck to everyone and may the winner represent the 10th against the 12th.

I think that with the draw Scott would benefit if it came down to who would have more pitching but all in all take one game at a time because no team is terrible if they are in the regional tournament.

I think that with the draw Scott would benefit if it came down to who would have more pitching but all in all take one game at a time because no team is terrible if they are in the regional tournament.

 

If the regional winner gets by Mercer in the state semis anything can happen.

I am not trying to push the buttons but the boys from Scott can hit the ball as well as anyone in the region. If they get a 3 or 4 run lead watch out because that seems to be when the really step on the gas.

 

I don't disagree at all. I said Bourbon could have a chance to win a game or two... but my point was they probably can't win three. Nothing against Scott because I think they will be in the Championship.

With all due respect, Adkins and Adams didn't pitch that badly and neither did Verst (?) from Brossart. The umpire forced both teams to serve it up. No corners, no low or high strike zone and 25 - 30 mph winds blowing out to left center the entire game makes for a lot of offense. I think both Adams and Adkins will be fine, although I am concerned about Adams. From what I hear, the coaches may have over-pitched him (pitches per game) during the middle of the season and he appears to have issues with his velocity again. Here's hoping he gets some rest and is ready for the regional.

 

Ialso saw this district and thought the plate umpire in the Scott/Brossart game was the most consistent of the other games that was played. He stayed off the high pitches but I thought he was consistent both ways on the low pitch. Now on the other hand as far as the region. Don't worry about Harrison Co. and their pitching. With Mac hosting the region it will rain and he will get everybody back. It never fails he always finds a way to make it work for the Breds

  • Author
Scott seems to draw well coming out of the district as a runner up in both basketball and baseball over the last three years. Just the luck of the draw. The important thing is that both teams are in the final 8.

 

Really, maybe this year, but there first year they drew Harrison in the 1st round in baseball and GRC in basketball, thats no way a good draw, also this year they won district in basketball, so they were goin to get a good draw.

  • Author
I don't disagree at all. I said Bourbon could have a chance to win a game or two... but my point was they probably can't win three. Nothing against Scott because I think they will be in the Championship.

 

I completly agree, if there is anything I know about Bourbon Co., is more years than not they hit the crap out of the ball, The eagles will have to pitch either Adkins or Adams to give themselves the best chance to advance, IMO the winner of this game makes it to the region finals.

  • Author
I think that with the draw Scott would benefit if it came down to who would have more pitching but all in all take one game at a time because no team is terrible if they are in the regional tournament.

 

Mason, St. Pat, and Nicholos aren't very good teams IMO, they are more fortuante to be in easy districts more than anything, Brossart would be in the regionals if they were in any other district other than the 37th or the 40th.

  • Author

This is how i see the region tourney going. Mason, Scott, Harrison, and Campbell advance in the first round. All will be good games except I don't see Campbell having any trouble getting passed St. Pat. Scott will route Mason on its way to its first regional final in over 15 years, and Harrison and Campbell will be a great game with Woodruff I'm sure throwing against Harrison's number two, thinking that they will throw Martin against GRC. I think Harrison will find away to sneak one out at home setting up a Scott Harrison final. Scott will have either Adams or Adkins saved for the game and I think Harrison's pitching will be depleted giving Scott a clear edge. I think the eagles will find a way to win their first 10th region championship. My opinion is a little biased though.

This is how i see the region tourney going. Mason, Scott, Harrison, and Campbell advance in the first round. All will be good games except I don't see Campbell having any trouble getting passed St. Pat. Scott will route Mason on its way to its first regional final in over 15 years, and Harrison and Campbell will be a great game with Woodruff I'm sure throwing against Harrison's number two, thinking that they will throw Martin against GRC. I think Harrison will find away to sneak one out at home setting up a Scott Harrison final. Scott will have either Adams or Adkins saved for the game and I think Harrison's pitching will be depleted giving Scott a clear edge. I think the eagles will find a way to win their first 10th region championship. My opinion is a little biased though.

 

Is Adams arm even going to be ready because I noticed at the game vs. Campbell he had a hard time throwing home and to 3rd in warm ups and also in the game. This came after the night before where he only threw I think 2 innings?

  • Author
Is Adams arm even going to be ready because I noticed at the game vs. Campbell he had a hard time throwing home and to 3rd in warm ups and also in the game. This came after the night before where he only threw I think 2 innings?

 

Zac's arm was stiff this week, but it is not anything to be over concerned about, he'll be ready this week.

This is how i see the region tourney going. Mason, Scott, Harrison, and Campbell advance in the first round. All will be good games except I don't see Campbell having any trouble getting passed St. Pat. Scott will route Mason on its way to its first regional final in over 15 years, and Harrison and Campbell will be a great game with Woodruff I'm sure throwing against Harrison's number two, thinking that they will throw Martin against GRC. I think Harrison will find away to sneak one out at home setting up a Scott Harrison final. Scott will have either Adams or Adkins saved for the game and I think Harrison's pitching will be depleted giving Scott a clear edge. I think the eagles will find a way to win their first 10th region championship. My opinion is a little biased though.

 

I tend to disagree with Mason beating Nicholas. Mason will be without there third baseman and Nicholas has played fairly well the last week of the season Bryan St. beats them 3-0 and Clark beats them 2-0 then they beat Pendleton in the district only to lose to Harrison in the finals.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.