Ryle/Boone County Prediction

Ryle and Boone meet for the third time this year in a district playoff game this Tuesday at Ryle at 3:00. They split their two previous games this year. Ryle will no doubt be throwing Etchied, who has been lights out lately, including completely shutting down CCH this past Friday. Not sure if Boone throws Holulehan or Krohman. Is Reed back? I'll take Ryle by 3-4 runs.

On Tuesday there will be some outstanding baseball played throughout NKy as besides the Boone vs. Ryle game being played at Ryle at 3:00pm, the Beechwood vs Cov Holy Cross game is being played at TMC at 4:30pm. Both of these game could be better match up's than a couple of the first round ninth region tournament games could be, and it is a shame that two of these four teams and their players, season will come to an end so soon...

Going to be a tough decision to decide which game to attend, but I look for Ryle and Beechwood to both come out on top....

I like Boone and the offense in a close game. Boone 6-4.

(TOG, Are the games at TMC on Monday/Tuesday/Wednesday 4 or 4:30)

35th District Varsity Baseball Tournament hosted by Beechwood HS

All games will be played at TMC

Game 1 Monday @ 5pm

#1 CovCath vs. #4 Cov Holmes

Game 2 Tuesday @ 4:30pm

#3 Beechwood vs. #3 Cov Holy Cross

Game 3 Wednesday @ 4:30pm

Winner game 1 vs. Winner game 2

From the KHSAA web site

Just wondering if it were the Ryle players who go the field ready for the St. Henry vs Heritage game today, or someone else?

Yes, the entire Ryle team met at 10:00 a.m. this morning to work on the field for over an hour, then did more work on it in the afternoon when they went back up for some hitting and shagging flies in OF. The Ryle coaches also spent the entire day putting 40 bags of Quick Dry on the field and completely hand-raking it 2-3 times. I'm guessing it was one of very few fields in NKY that was played on tonight.

Yes, the entire Ryle team met at 10:00 a.m. this morning to work on the field for over an hour, then did more work on it in the afternoon when they went back up for some hitting and shagging flies in OF. The Ryle coaches also spent the entire day putting 40 bags of Quick Dry on the field and completely hand-raking it 2-3 times. I'm guessing it was one of very few fields in NKY that was played on tonight.

Smart of the Ryle Coaches not to play their game today after working all day to get there field playable. I know some of the Ryle fans thought that it was just a poor excuse talked about by CCH24 (see post #9) about theCovCath players working on their field prior to the Ryle vs. CovCath game and getting it playable, but working non stop for two or three hours does indeed make you tired, and it was indeed a smart move by Ryle not to play today, considering that the District first round game is winner take all and loser goes home to stay!

BTW understand I am not making this comment to be smart, or even looking to get a dig in, just really thought it was a really smart move.....

Smart of the Ryle Coaches not to play their game today after working all day to get there field playable. I know some of the Ryle fans thought that it was just a poor excuse talked about by CCH24 (see post #9) about theCovCath players working on their field prior to the Ryle vs. CovCath game and getting it playable, but working non stop for two or three hours does indeed make you tired, and it was indeed a smart move by Ryle not to play today, considering that the District first round game is winner take all and loser goes home to stay!

BTW understand I am not making this comment to be smart, or even looking to get a dig in, just really thought it was a really smart move.....

Actually, the reason was simply that the field just wasn't going to be ready by 3:00. They even backed up the 5:00 start time of the second game by a half hour to allow a bit more time for the field to dry. The second game (St. H/Heritage) was more critical to play today because it was essentially a "play-in" game to meet Conner and if it wasn't played today would have backed up the tournament an extra day. Trust me, Coach Roesel very much wanted to play the game, but knew at about 11:00 or so that there was no way the 3:00 game was going to happen. 40 bags of Quick Dry was some back-breaking work, believe me . . . ;)