Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Villa Madonna/Lloyd Memorial Predictions

Featured Replies

I don't know that you can qualify them as being "left out." I mean, they were indeed scheduled to play there. Freedom does not control Mother Nature. There were lots of schools in NKY that were not scheduled to play at Champion Window this year. Maybe these coach/AD failed to contact Freedom management about the possibility of setting up a game or simply didn't want to play there. The Freedom also has to concern themselves with the attendance that comes with some of these smaller schools. There is a cost to them to open and staff their park and prepare the field, especially if 40 people show up to watch the game.

 

Cost has nothing to do with it. Each school must sell a certain amount of Freedom vouchers to their games, so they see their money no matter what the size of the school is.

Cost has nothing to do with it. Each school must sell a certain amount of Freedom vouchers to their games, so they see their money no matter what the size of the school is.

 

Wrong. They do not make some schools sell vouchers because they know certain schools always bring large crowds to their games.

Wrong. They do not make some schools sell vouchers because they know certain schools always bring large crowds to their games.

I have been to a lot of baseball games from the larger schools and I haven't seen a big crowd at a baseball game yet. What schools are bringing the big crowds? High school baseball games are just not bringing a very big crowd at all. I even saw a note from The Old Guy in another thread asking to get CCH fans out to the game; I'm assuming because the crowds are not very large even at Cov Cath.

I have been to a lot of baseball games from the larger schools and I haven't seen a big crowd at a baseball game yet. What schools are bringing the big crowds? High school baseball games are just not bringing a very big crowd at all. I even saw a note from The Old Guy in another thread asking to get CCH fans out to the game; I'm assuming because the crowds are not very large even at Cov Cath.

 

It becomes more of an "event" when games are played at Champion Window and much larger crowds come out than a typical game played at a high school field. Last year, they drew over 1000 people for the Boone-Ryle game. They drew over 2000 for the Ryle-CCH regional championship game. Obviously, Freedom management feels that Ryle, Boone, CCH, and a few others draw a large enough crowd that they don't require them to sell vouchers in advance.

I have been to a lot of baseball games from the larger schools and I haven't seen a big crowd at a baseball game yet. What schools are bringing the big crowds? High school baseball games are just not bringing a very big crowd at all. I even saw a note from The Old Guy in another thread asking to get CCH fans out to the game; I'm assuming because the crowds are not very large even at Cov Cath.

 

 

The weather plays a huge part in the attendance. I know that when CovCath played Boone at Freedom earlier this season it was played in a rain shower and not many showed up. Last year, it was so cold in the Ryle vs. CovCath regular season game that as much as I love HS baseball, I almost left in the third inning.

 

At least if the weather is somewhat nice, and either CovCath/Ryle or Boone County is playing, there will be a large crowd. If the Male vs. CovCath game where have been played and it was a nice night, and the game stated at 7pm, I would have excepted a crowd of around 1500 to attend....

Do you larger schools have to pay admission when games are played out there? Aside from regional games of course because I know there is an admission cost for those games.

Do you larger schools have to pay admission when games are played out there? Aside from regional games of course because I know there is an admission cost for those games.

 

Yes, it is $5. It is worth every penny to watch high school baseball in Freedoms wonderful facility.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.