Ky All Star Tryouts

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I thought there was a limit of 2 all-star games a kid could play in. Hopson has played in McDonalds and the Jordan Classic at Madison Square Garden. Does anyone know what the limit is

Limit is 2 during the school year... The Ky- Ind. series is after school is over ( summer) so no limit problems.

After watching the try-outs, and the offense they plan to utilize my starting five would be and others would be....

Shelvin Mack - Bryan Station

Tyler Brown - Apollo

Scotty Hopson - UHA

Darius Miller - Mason Co.

Victor Moses - Henry Clay

Tyshawn Edmondson - UHA

Michael Sparks - Tates Creek

Taylor Stewart- Taylor Stewart

Corey Sorrell - Cov. Holy Cross

Desmond Johnson - Cumberland Co.

Aaron Morris - Madison Central

Arrez Henderson - Holmes

Nick Brumback - Jackson Co. (Alt)

Kalen Kimberland - Adair Co. (Alt.)

I know there are some popular names left off this list, but these are the players I thought had the best try-out other than Hopson and Miller. The other kids trying out were told that those two were already on the team.

Just my opinion, the last four spots could have gone to any of about 12 kids. I don't envy the coaches having to make the final decision on the last four kids.

After watching the try-outs, and the offense they plan to utilize my starting five would be and others would be....

Tyler Brown - Apollo

Scotty Hopson - UHA

Tyshawn Edmondson - UHA

Arrez Henderson - Holmes

I know there are some popular names left off this list, but these are the players I thought had the best try-out other than Hopson and Miller. The other kids trying out were told that those two were already on the team.

Just my opinion, the last four spots could have gone to any of about 12 kids. I don't envy the coaches having to make the final decision on the last four kids.

Good list. Did Taylor Stewart go to Taylor Stewart High School?

Tyler Brown - Apollo

Scotty Hopson - UHA

Tyshawn Edmondson - UHA

Arrez Henderson - Holmes

Did Desmond Johnson from Cumberland play well at the try-outs?

I thought Desmond Johnson played very well, He might have tailed of a little in the last session, but he proved very athletic and effective around the basket. He has long arms and runs the floor well. Also very strong.

Tyler Brown - Apollo

Scotty Hopson - UHA

Tyshawn Edmondson - UHA

Arrez Henderson - Holmes

Desmond Johnson is from Cumberland High School in Harlan County, not Cumberland County High School.

I thought Desmond Johnson played very well, He might have tailed of a little in the last session, but he proved very athletic and effective around the basket. He has long arms and runs the floor well. Also very strong.

When are the announcing the team, or have they already done so?

Tyler Brown - Apollo

Scotty Hopson - UHA

Tyshawn Edmondson - UHA

Arrez Henderson - Holmes

Thoughts on Trevor Setty?

Tyler Brown - Apollo

Scotty Hopson - UHA

Tyshawn Edmondson - UHA

Arrez Henderson - Holmes

No Slone, Stepp or Setty just to name a few, interesting