Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Conner 11 Cavalry 0

Featured Replies

This game ended in six innings. Thomas Noll had another fine outing in his second start of the year. He pitched 5 innings, giving up 1 hit, 1 walk, 8k,and0 earned runs.:thumb:

No suprise hear. Although a long shot, i predict Conner to upset somebody in there district and make it to the region tournament.:sssh:

If Conner wants to be mentioned with the best teams in the ninth, they are going to have to beat someone ranked. A 6A school playing several single A schools (besides the Beechies) doesn't make much sense to me. The Cougars have some fine players but to be fair to them, the schedule needs an adjustment in my opinion.

If Conner wants to be mentioned with the best teams in the ninth, they are going to have to beat someone ranked. A 6A school playing several single A schools (besides the Beechies) doesn't make much sense to me. The Cougars have some fine players but to be fair to them, the schedule needs an adjustment in my opinion.

 

I have to agree with this. Conner may or may not be good, but how does playing Calvary help them at all?

 

And, Calvary may or may not be a good small school, but why play this game?

I have to agree with this. Conner may or may not be good, but how does playing Calvary help them at all?

 

And, Calvary may or may not be a good small school, but why play this game?

 

Was going to post this myself last night, but decided not to. Now that you already have, I guess I can throw in my two cents. ;)

 

I'm not sure what the point is in Conner scheduling games against Villa and Calvary. Run-rule games like this - which you could pretty much assume were going to occur going in - don't help either team. It certainly doesn't help the team getting mashed, and it really doesn't help Conner either. So they can beat up on a much smaller, weaker school and boost their stats. So what? Exactly how will that will help them get ready to play district games against Ryle, Boone, and St. Henry and other tough games outside their district?

  • Author
Was going to post this myself last night, but decided not to. Now that you already have, I guess I can throw in my two cents. ;)

 

I'm not sure what the point is in Conner scheduling games against Villa and Calvary. Run-rule games like this - which you could pretty much assume were going to occur going in - don't help either team. It certainly doesn't help the team getting mashed, and it really doesn't help Conner either. So they can beat up on a much smaller, weaker school and boost their stats. So what? Exactly how will that will help them get ready to play district games against Ryle, Boone, and St. Henry and other tough games outside their district?

 

In the original thread i did'nt make any reference to Conner being a top team. I was merely trying to post what happened in the game against Cavalry. I agree that playing a soft schedule in any sport can hurt you in the long run, but you could also look at it like college teams playing cup cakes early in their season. It allows you a chance, as a coach to assess the team. As for padding stats, that's not the case here. I believe this gives your players confidence and a chance to refine both their batting and fielding mechanics. It is up to the head coach after a game like this to make sure his team does'nt have a false sense of accomplishment!

In the original thread i did'nt make any reference to Conner being a top team. I was merely trying to post what happened in the game against Cavalry. I agree that playing a soft schedule in any sport can hurt you in the long run, but you could also look at it like college teams playing cup cakes early in their season. It allows you a chance, as a coach to assess the team. As for padding stats, that's not the case here. I believe this gives your players confidence and a chance to refine both their batting and fielding mechanics. It is up to the head coach after a game like this to make sure his team does'nt have a false sense of accomplishment!

 

I didn't say you did say that (Conner being a top team, which they very well may be). ;) I just question how much a coach can truly assess the overall quality of his team/players against competition like this.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.