Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Spring Ball

Featured Replies

Montgomery Co. started today. Is there an official start date? Did other programs start today also? I kind of thought they might wait until after the state basketball tournament and maybe even spring break the next week.

Bylaw 25 - Limitation of Season

8) Each football school may conduct ten (10) practice periods of

not more than two (2) hours in length and not more than one

practice per day over ten (10) days during the three calendar

school weeks following the school’s elimination from postseason

play in basketball. All equipment authorized by the

football playing rules may be used during this period. There

can be no inter-school competition during this period, and all

participants must be eligible according to all KHSAA eligibility

rules.

  • Author

Thanks Ram.

Thanks Ram.

No problem. By the way, both boys and girls have to be eliminated from play in basketball before spring football practice can begin.

Montgomery Co. started today. Is there an official start date? Did other programs start today also? I kind of thought they might wait until after the state basketball tournament and maybe even spring break the next week.

 

 

Seems somewhat unfair doesn't it? It would be great to wait till the tournaments are over and then everyone can enjoy all the sports.

 

The programs that have it really tough are the ones they don't make the regional tournaments. They have to start while basketball is still very much on everyones mind and when the weather is likely to be uncooperative.

 

I would assume KY adopted the same logic in place by other states in establising their by laws.

  • Author
Seems somewhat unfair doesn't it? It would be great to wait till the tournaments are over and then everyone can enjoy all the sports.

 

The programs that have it really tough are the ones they don't make the regional tournaments. They have to start while basketball is still very much on everyones mind and when the weather is likely to be uncooperative.

 

I would assume KY adopted the same logic in place by other states in establising their by laws.

 

Yeah, I would think it would make more sense to have it start the week after the state tournament for weather and for a better transition for athletes who play both. Another quality policy by the KHSAA

 

I'm a hoops guy so what do I know...

Yeah, I would think it would make more sense to have it start the week after the state tournament for weather and for a better transition for athletes who play both. Another quality policy by the KHSAA

 

I'm a hoops guy so what do I know...

 

...but then the baseball guys start whining. :argue:

...but then the baseball guys start whining. :argue:

 

I know of some coaches that have been disappointed by a basketball team going deep into the postseason. Can't blame them though, with everybody doing spring practice these days, you gotta stay on top of things.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.