Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

South Laurel 74 Clay Co. 64 13th region

Featured Replies

Final score from Knox Central.

  • Replies 34
  • Views 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It was was pretty fun game to watch on WazooSports.com.

 

Belle Jackson played her heart out but it just wasn't meant to be for the Lady Tigers this year. Great season to Coach Burchell's girls.

 

As for South, congrats on a hard-fought championship and represent the mountains with class and heart just like I know that yuns will.

South had way too much speed for Clay County. The guard couldn't handle the press and Clay had no answer for Jessica Dean.

The Lady Cardinals was just the better team.

I dont agree that South was the better team, Clay played their heart out and just could not get anything to fall tonight, especially from behind the arc. Clay had a very difficult draw, were they had to play all the top 3 teams in the region to beable to win region, South only had to play Clay. So South was better rested and to me that showed tonight, Clay had 3 players foul out that really hurt them. I was really disapointed in how the game was called, I thought they were WAY too many fouls called on both ends but especially against Clay. But today was just Souths day and they get to head Bowling Green.

Also yes South is a faster team than Clay but Mboro was a much faster team than South, in my opinion the 3s that South was able to nail really hurt the Lady Tigers.

I dont agree that South was the better team, Clay played their heart out and just could not get anything to fall tonight, especially from behind the arc. Clay had a very difficult draw, were they had to play all the top 3 teams in the region to beable to win region, South only had to play Clay. So South was better rested and to me that showed tonight, Clay had 3 players foul out that really hurt them. I was really disapointed in how the game was called, I thought they were WAY too many fouls called on both ends but especially against Clay. But today was just Souths day and they get to head Bowling Green.

 

The game was called decent on both ends.

Both teams had an extra day off AND Clay played the early game Friday.

Like I said, South was the better team ... the score says so.

Too much speed and no answer for Dean and Wombles.

I love Clay's team, though. Everyone of those girls played their tail off.

Coach Burchell is a class-act.

I do agree that Clay did not stop Dean, but I thought they did a pretty good job on Wombles, she wasnt what beat the Lady Tigers. The 3 point shooting and Dean beat the Lady Tigers.

The game was called decent on both ends.

Both teams had an extra day off AND Clay played the early game Friday.

Like I said, South was the better team ... the score says so.

Too much speed and no answer for Dean and Wombles.

I love Clay's team, though. Everyone of those girls played their tail off.

Coach Burchell is a class-act.

 

I'm not so sure that the game was called decently on both ends. South shot 37 foul shots while Clay only shot 19. I'm pretty sure both teams fouled pretty evenly, they just weren't called. Clay fought so hard to come back, but just couldn't make it at the end. The Lady Cards came ready to play and it showed. Congrats, South. I wish you luck at Diddle.

Most of those free throws came down the stretch.

Clay had 22 fouls, South had 19.

Most of those free throws came down the stretch.

Clay had 22 fouls, South had 19.

 

I have no dog in this fight but when I've interviewed college coaches about the free-throw disparity that they may encounter, the first thing that they always tell me is that you can't look too much into due to the fact that their team had to foul a BUNCH at the end of the game in order to have a chance to win.

I agree.

I thought Dean could have been called for a ton of fouls, if your going to call a game where you are calling EVERYTHING, then you have to call all those reach ins that she does. But South played a great game and I hope they play well in Bowling Green.

Bottom line, Clay couldn't handle the press and South prevailed.

Better team won tonight.

Good win for South Laurel. I expected Clay County to repeat as champs.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.