Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Give me Marvin Lewis # The Bengals COULD make the move of the offseason

Featured Replies

There is a part of my that is happy the Bengals haven't gone out and wasted money like so many NFL teams have. There are so many guys getting overpaid that it will set some of those franchises back bad. Look at the Colts,Steelers,Pats(for the most part) etc and learn from what they are doing right. They don't waste a ton of money in free agency unless it is a bigtime payoff. They take care of their own and draft smart.

The Browns have decided to pay Stallworth way to long IMO and they have overpaid for Rogers. He is as good as there is for about 1 out of 5 plays but is getting 20 million guarnteed upfront money. This IS a blessing in disguise for the Bengals if they will jump on the chance. The Titans have rolled the dice with Albert Haynesworth (the best in the league). They didn't offer earlier and now he is in control to ask for around 25 million up front. The Titans aren't really in a good situation to pay that BUT the Bengals are! I would bet the farm right now if the Bengals call and offer a 2nd round pick this year and a second round pick next year then they WILL get Haynesworth!

Somebody get me Marvins number right now and let's get this thing done! This would instantly put the Bengals in the top group of teams in the NFL especially when they are free to go after a top pass rusher off the edge the top LBer in the draft (I'd go pass rusher first).

 

I would bet the farm that if that is what it would take to get Haynesworth, that many teams would probably have been offering stuff like that already. I love the idea, however I just don't think that would get the Titans to trade him to us.

 

I hope I am wrong, and you are right though. :D

I would bet the farm that if that is what it would take to get Haynesworth, that many teams would probably have been offering stuff like that already. I love the idea, however I just don't think that would get the Titans to trade him to us.

 

I hope I am wrong, and you are right though. :D

 

I agree...I don't think 2 second rounders would get Haynesworth. I suspect that a first round pick (likely the 2008 first round pick) would have to be in the mix somewhere, but I could be wrong.

  • Author

I really think two second rounders would do it. Think about it, the Titans rolled the dice and lost. You can hold onto him and get nothing out of him or you can get 2 second rounders. I don't know if anybody will deal first rounders or not because it is a lot of money and there are a couple of questions. I think it is worth it for both teams especially the Bengals. I don't know why you wouldn't give two 2's for him. Think about it with the mentality that you are getting him with your second round pick and giving up next years second round pick to get the best in the league.

  • Author

I know this much I would be on the phone offering 2 2's too find out. If it doesn't work you are out nothing!

I really think two second rounders would do it. Think about it, the Titans rolled the dice and lost. You can hold onto him and get nothing out of him or you can get 2 second rounders. I don't know if anybody will deal first rounders or not because it is a lot of money and there are a couple of questions. I think it is worth it for both teams especially the Bengals. I don't know why you wouldn't give two 2's for him. Think about it with the mentality that you are getting him with your second round pick and giving up next years second round pick to get the best in the league.

 

I know this much I would be on the phone offering 2 2's too find out. If it doesn't work you are out nothing!

 

Yeah if we could get him for 2 second rounders, then I definitely say go for it. However I just don't think the Titans would. I mean if that is all it would take to get probably the BEST DT in football, then I would think a lot of people would be trying this or would have thought about it.

 

I wouldn't be surprised if they had tried to contact them about it, since the Bengals have been trying to trade for a DT. However I just don't think 2 second rounders would be enough for him since he is the best DT in football, and finding great DT's are hard to come by. So I just think they would want even more than just that in return. As someone else said I think it would maybe take a 1st rounder in the 09 draft.

  • Author

I get where you guys are coming from. My feeling is that the Titans got hurt when the Browns overpaid for Rogers giving him 20 million guarnateed. I think Albert will ask for 25 and I don't think the Titans will want to pay that but I do think the Bengals can. There aren't a whole lot of teams that can afford that so that is one reason the Begnals have a legit shot. The second reason is that there are questions that he might not produce as well after he gets his big contract. Not all teams are going to roll the dice on that but I think the Bengals almost have too. That weeds out some more teams. Last but not least you have to be in a situation where you can move 2 two's. If you are the Bengals then you still get your #9 pick + the best DT in the league. With those two you would like to hope that you have a chance to finish high next year (great offense solid defense now) so next years #2 will hopfully later in the round.

If you are the Titans then you obviously put our feelers and it might take a #1 or a WR for Vince to throw too. They have put themselves in a situation that they almost have to move him to get top value out of him. If they don't then I think it will be tough for them to sign him.

I definatly think the Bengals HAVE to inquire about it to see if it's worth going after. Albert+Gholston would be a HUGE upgrade on defense next year and make the young DB look a whole lot better!

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.