Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

GRC 91 Montgomery Co 69 ( 40th District Final)

Featured Replies

Holy Moley!!! Didn't see this coming. Congrats to the Cards and good luck to both teams come next week. It's offically March Madness!!!!!!

  • Replies 55
  • Views 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Covered this game and Clark had an answer each time the Indians made a run. A solid win for Clark going into region. Montgomery needs to bounce back quick and they have the tools to make a solid run in the region. Should be an interesting week in Mount Sterling. Can't wait to see how the draw pans out. ... Good luck to both teams. ...

  • Author

Article in the paper on the game:

 

Clark boys win title in 40th

 

Clark, which connected on 54 percent of its shots from the field, shot a blistering 60 percent in the opening half and knocked down four attempts from long range. Stenzel led the charge, scoring 18 points in the first half, with 12 of those coming in the first eight minutes. Overall, Clark made seven 3-pointers and outrebounded the Indians 37-31.

 

"Robbie did what Robbie is supposed to do," Humphrey said. "At times he hits the floor and shows that he's the best player on the floor and he did that tonight."

 

http://www.winchestersun.com/public_html/?module=displaystory&story_id=11456&format=html

Congrats to the Cards and Coach Humphrey. He had an excellant game plan and the team followed his instructions.

 

When Hatton shot the 3 pointer that he banked in from 25 feet, you knew it was the Cards night.

Very surprising score!

The Indians really took one on the chin tonight. Stencil had a monster game, he is a very nice player. Indians came out very flat and could really never get it going. The very tight officiating also really hurt the Indians, Stencil is near unstoppable with the refs calling every touch foul on drives down the lane. But I can't take anything away from the Cards, they straight took it to Indians tonight, good luck to both teams in the region next week.

  • Author
The Indians really took one on the chin tonight. Stencil had a monster game, he is a very nice player. Indians came out very flat and could really never get it going. The very tight officiating also really hurt the Indians, Stencil is near unstoppable with the refs calling every touch foul on drives down the lane. But I can't take anything away from the Cards, they straight took it to Indians tonight, good luck to both teams in the region next week.

 

In the second half the fouls at one point was 10 on GRC and only 2 on Montgomery. I know this as our crowd kept yelling it out to the refs...:D

In the second half the fouls at one point was 10 on GRC and only 2 on Montgomery. I know this as our crowd kept yelling it out to the refs...:D

 

Sorry goldie, I'm definetely not taking anything away from the Cards, I hope that post did not throw off the vibe that I am, all I'm saying is that it maybe would have been a different game if some of the tight fouls that were called in the first half on some of MC's best defenders would have been let go.:thumb:

  • Author
Sorry goldie, I'm definetely not taking anything away from the Cards, I hope that post did not throw off the vibe that I am, all I'm saying is that it maybe would have been a different game if some of the tight fouls that were called in the first half on some of MC's best defenders would have been let go.:thumb:

I agree that one thing that hurt MC was that a key player racked up some early fouls and then ended up fouling out of the game. Also I have never seen MC miss so many foul shots. But in all honesty, GRC was just hot last night, would have been hard for anyone in our region to beat them last night.

 

Sure hope we can see a rematch of these two teams in the finals of the region.:thumb:

Sorry goldie, I'm definetely not taking anything away from the Cards, I hope that post did not throw off the vibe that I am, all I'm saying is that it maybe would have been a different game if some of the tight fouls that were called in the first half on some of MC's best defenders would have been let go.:thumb:
If the game was called tight I can see where Rash would get in foul trouble. He is a very physical defender. I've seen him play once and he did alot of hand checking and bumping when he defended on and off the ball. As we all know some refs let this go more than others, and sometimes refs just are in the mood to call games more tightly.

 

In any event congrats to GRC, nice win and good luck in the region. You are defending champs until someone takes it from you.

I agree that one thing that hurt MC was that a key player racked up some early fouls and then ended up fouling out of the game. Also I have never seen MC miss so many foul shots. But in all honesty, GRC was just hot last night, would have been hard for anyone in our region to beat them last night.

 

Sure hope we can see a rematch of these two teams in the finals of the region.:thumb:

 

Yes, i totally agree, and it would be awesome if these two teams met in the regional final.:thumb:

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.