Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Owen Co. 58 Grant Co. 51

Featured Replies

Final.

Congrats to Owen. Any stat's?

Grant played all players against Owen considering they have districts on Monday. In all fairness to Grant they were up by 10 before they sub their bench in. Owen ended the half up 1. Grant came out in the second half and sub their bench in up 4. I am not taking away from Owen's win. They didn't find the only shooter Owen has(Gamble), who ended with 4 or 5 threes for the game. Congrats to Owen on their win on senior night!

Tough spot for Grant to be in. You really don't want to play the game at all, since you've got Simon Kenton in the district just two days away. But, you feel you owe it to Owen County to show up with more than just your JV team. In the end though, the game meant more to Owen (playing for the seniors, on their home court, etc.) than it did for Grant. Just hope everybody made it out healthy (on both sides).

 

Now let the fun begin!!

Grant and Coach Kinmon needs wins no matter when or where. Can't see them giving one away. Congrats to Owen County.

Well I'm my opinion I thought they gave it away and they could have won it.

 

Grant had Owen down as much as ten then put the subs in. Kinmon Benched his top 7 after the third quarter.

 

Grant has their district game on Monday against Simon. I don't think Kinmon wanted to risk getting one of his players hurt.

Grant and Coach Kinmon needs wins no matter when or where. Can't see them giving one away.

 

Don't get me wrong. I think Grant would have loved to win the game. However, if you're in this situation:

- 11-15 on the year

- Play Simon Kenton in the district in two days

- You just saw SK lose one of their players to injury the night before

I think it's reasonable for Coach Kinmon to play it the way he did.

 

He can make up for whatever detractors there may be (if any) after this game (Owen County), with a win Monday night. I don't know that the opposite would be true. Beating Owen doesn't amount to a whole lot if you're one and done in the districts.

 

Coach Duvall, on the other hand, faces a Carroll County team he's beaten twice this year already (both by double digits)...and he's got two extra days to prepare for it. A little bit easier situation to be in.

 

And congrats to Owen...not just on the win...but on the season (17-8). And even in the losses (Gallatin, Holmes, Anderson, Boone)...you gotta feel they've prepared themselves for the postseason.

 

Good luck to both teams in the districts!!

Don't forget about earlier in the season when Grant beat Owen by 8 or 10 points.

I forgot all about that, I wish Kinmon would have just let his players win this game, but I understand where he is coming from.

I forgot all about that, I wish Kinmon would have just let his players win this game, but I understand where he is coming from.

 

Well from what I saw, the Braves had it won, they just didn't want to risk any injuries.

Don't get me wrong. I think Grant would have loved to win the game. However, if you're in this situation:

- 11-15 on the year

- Play Simon Kenton in the district in two days

- You just saw SK lose one of their players to injury the night before

I think it's reasonable for Coach Kinmon to play it the way he did.

 

He can make up for whatever detractors there may be (if any) after this game (Owen County), with a win Monday night. I don't know that the opposite would be true. Beating Owen doesn't amount to a whole lot if you're one and done in the districts.

 

Coach Duvall, on the other hand, faces a Carroll County team he's beaten twice this year already (both by double digits)...and he's got two extra days to prepare for it. A little bit easier situation to be in.

 

And congrats to Owen...not just on the win...but on the season (17-8). And even in the losses (Gallatin, Holmes, Anderson, Boone)...you gotta feel they've prepared themselves for the postseason.

 

Good luck to both teams in the districts!!

 

I still can't see Kinmon sacrificing a win since he needs them desperately. Now if they go one and out in the tournament, Kinmon may be out. Doesn't sound like good strategy when you are judged on wins and losses.

Kinmon doesn't judge his season on wins and losses. If he did he wouldn't scheldue Anderson, Shelby(2 times), Oldham, Ryle, Ashland, and other teams on those teams level of play year after year. He prepares for post season which is all that matters. For example, Last years Owen team was on of the better teams they have had. Won 20+ games but could of had a tougher scheldue. If I remember correctly, they didnt go far in postseason. You can say he needed a win, but their are bigger fish to fry come Monday Night. An out-of-district game that is 2 days away from Grants district is not worth a chance to injure one of their main players.

Kinmon doesn't judge his season on wins and losses. If he did he wouldn't scheldue Anderson, Shelby(2 times), Oldham, Ryle, Ashland, and other teams on those teams level of play year after year. He prepares for post season which is all that matters. For example, Last years Owen team was on of the better teams they have had. Won 20+ games but could of had a tougher scheldue. If I remember correctly, they didnt go far in postseason. You can say he needed a win, but their are bigger fish to fry come Monday Night. An out-of-district game that is 2 days away from Grants district is not worth a chance to injure one of their main players.

 

 

AMEN!!!!

Coach Kinmon may not judge his season on wins/losses but those above Kinmon does. They should be playing the bigger schools because they are one. I think alot of people don't see them as a large school but they are compared to 2 of their 3 district opponents. Coach Kinmon hasn't had a winning record since the 2002/03 season while playing in a relatively easy district with teams Grant should have dominated. I believe Grant has only won 3 regional games under Kinmon so his tournament record isn't stellar. Based solely on numbers and the expectation to win by the Administration, Coach Kinmon would not intentionally let a win slip away. Wins have been too hard to come by and he's judged on wins/losses not on how many times he goes to the regional tournament and comes home after one game. Grant should go to the regional every year based on who is in their district but that hasn't been the case. The heat is on and it's getting hotter each day. Grant County wants a winner, something they haven't had in several years. So a win is a win and Grant didn't get it.

Coach Kinmon may not judge his season on wins/losses but those above Kinmon does. They should be playing the bigger schools because they are one. I think alot of people don't see them as a large school but they are compared to 2 of their 3 district opponents. Coach Kinmon hasn't had a winning record since the 2002/03 season while playing in a relatively easy district with teams Grant should have dominated. I believe Grant has only won 3 regional games under Kinmon so his tournament record isn't stellar. Based solely on numbers and the expectation to win by the Administration, Coach Kinmon would not intentionally let a win slip away. Wins have been too hard to come by and he's judged on wins/losses not on how many times he goes to the regional tournament and comes home after one game. Grant should go to the regional every year based on who is in their district but that hasn't been the case. The heat is on and it's getting hotter each day. Grant County wants a winner, something they haven't had in several years. So a win is a win and Grant didn't get it.

 

I hear you, but its too late in the year to worry about that game. Whats the difference between 11-16 and 12-15? And (maybe) an injured player(s). Too risky, but I guess your opinion is legitimate.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.