Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

You make the call

Featured Replies

 

#4) One out. Runners at 1B & 2B. Batters lifts pop-up along 1B line. Ump calls "Infield Fly, if fair." Ball land on foul ground halfway between home and 1B, then spins into fair territory, where it is picked up by the pitcher. 2B runner tries to go to 3B, pitcher fires to 3B and 3Bman steps on bag before runner slides in. Call?

 

 

Since the purpose of the IFF is to protect the runners, I'm going to assume that the IFF is still in effect. If so, the runner on 3rd is safe because he wasn't tagged. The batter is out.

  • Replies 64
  • Views 9.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

 

#6) NOTE: THIS ONE IS MLB RULES ONLY!! Runners at 1B & 3B, two outs. As pitcher starts his delivery, the umpires signals balk. Pitcher throws pitch and batter hits ball into gap for double. Both base runners score. Before next pitch, SS calls for ball from pitcher, touches second base and appeals that the runner originally on 1B missed second base (which he, in fact, did and the umpire saw this). Make the call, including runs scored.

 

Its my understanding that the team can take the result of a play or the balk unless the batter reaches safely and the runners advance a base. My guess is that since the runner on first never reached 2nd safely then the team can enforce the walk.

H

 

#3) Runner on 3B. 3B playing deep behind bag. Batter hits hard ground ball that strikes 3B, ricochets backwards, and strikes 3B runner (who had been holding up), in fair territory. Batter reaches first safely. Ruling?

 

 

 

#.

 

Runner is safe. Dead ball. Batter goes to first.

1) Run counts

2) Safe

3)Dead ball runner out batterrunner awarded 1st base

4)Batter out IFF, Runner on 3rd is safe.

5) I would have to see the play but I would probably Not call Infield Fly but would impose the intentionally dropped ball rule if the ball was dropped intentionally.

 

6) I would suspend the game and go stay at a Holiday Inn Express.

Runner is safe. Dead ball. Batter goes to first.

 

Incorrect.

Since the purpose of the IFF is to protect the runners, I'm going to assume that the IFF is still in effect. If so, the runner on 3rd is safe because he wasn't tagged. The batter is out.

 

Correct.

Its my understanding that the team can take the result of a play or the balk unless the batter reaches safely and the runners advance a base. My guess is that since the runner on first never reached 2nd safely then the team can enforce the walk.

 

Incorrect. (But you now have me questioning myself and going back through my rulebooks :rolleyes:).

1) Run counts

2) Safe

3)Dead ball runner out batterrunner awarded 1st base

4)Batter out IFF, Runner on 3rd is safe.

5) I would have to see the play but I would probably Not call Infield Fly but would impose the intentionally dropped ball rule if the ball was dropped intentionally.

 

6) I would suspend the game and go stay at a Holiday Inn Express.

 

1) Correct.

2) Correct.

3) Correct. (nicely done)

4) Correct.

5) Incorrect.

6) Cute. ;)

Incorrect. (But you now have me questioning myself and going back through my rulebooks :rolleyes:).

 

What was your initial thought?

Runner is safe. Dead ball. Batter goes to first.

 

Incorrect.

 

Is it because it happened prior to a defender being able to make a play?

Is it because it happened prior to a defender being able to make a play?

 

Correct.

What was your initial thought?

 

Well, before I get myself all twisted and turned over on this one, I need to re-think it. Your point about the runner not technically advancing a base has thrown me for a loop (it's a good point). However, in effect it would then penalize the defense on a successful appeal play, so I find that hard to accept. I may have to defer to an actual umpire on this one.

 

I was thinking that the balk was nullified when the batter hit safely and all runner advanced one base (even though the runner missed the bag). Since the third out gained on the appeal was then technically a force out, no runs would count. I think I created a monster on this one, though, so I am definitely open to debate on it!!

3) If it hit the bag and bounced back and hit the runner in foul ground is it no call...live ball?

3) If it hit the bag and bounced back and hit the runner in foul ground is it no call...live ball?

 

Correct.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.