Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

McCreary Co. 83 Somerset 69

Featured Replies

The game was called even both ways, Somerset just couldn't match the physical play. Surprised you are complaining about the fouls when they are so evenly matched.

 

Its the type of fouls being called, the shooting fouls and reach in fouls and that such were called fine, and I think the refs were being completely fair in this game dont get me wrong. I just think they didnt see some of what was going on.. I sat there and watched #22 dileberatly try an kick Bourne an force him to trip whenever Bourne was running down the floor and #22 was on the ground.. #22, #10, or #32 would just lower there shoulder an run over anyone setting a screen on them..Cheap shots would be a good term for how a few of them play, getting away with it cause its goes un-noticed..

 

Not to mention the fact that the Somerset Bench had to deal with fans sitting right behind them yelling in there ear and saying things inappropriate to put on here..

 

I'm not taking anything away from McCreary's team though.. They are well coached, very good,(shot the lights out) played extremely well last night and have a really good shot at winning the region..

Bourne is a big boy and must step it up and get awake for the Jumpers if they are going very far in the post season. He will be beat to death, but must suck it up and get tough around the rim if the Jumpers are going to make a run, otherwise they are toast IMO>

Its the type of fouls being called, the shooting fouls and reach in fouls and that such were called fine, and I think the refs were being completely fair in this game dont get me wrong. I just think they didnt see some of what was going on.. I sat there and watched #22 dileberatly try an kick Bourne an force him to trip whenever Bourne was running down the floor and #22 was on the ground.. #22, #10, or #32 would just lower there shoulder an run over anyone setting a screen on them..Cheap shots would be a good term for how a few of them play, getting away with it cause its goes un-noticed..

 

Not to mention the fact that the Somerset Bench had to deal with fans sitting right behind them yelling in there ear and saying things inappropriate to put on here..

 

I'm not taking anything away from McCreary's team though.. They are well coached, very good,(shot the lights out) played extremely well last night and have a really good shot at winning the region..

 

I was sitting right behind the Somerset bench the entire game and didn't hear anything inappropriate. There were a couple of kids heckling them, but you get that anywhere you go. There wasn't any cursing or name calling.

 

Aren't you supposed to try to fight through screens or should you just let them come off of the screen and get an easy basket. It looked like the players setting the screens needed to be a little tougher when they set them.;)

They must not be much of a football fan then since Corbin and Somerset played one of the most exciting football games in this part of the state last season and the Hounds escaped with a 56-47 win. Our 8th grade football Jumpers also beat the Hounds twice to win the conference title and our JVs beat them easily too. Feel free to forward that on to him. As for the basketball game sounds like it was a physical game where the refs let the kids play pretty much. Right now the district tourneys are all that really matter anyway.

 

I was just using a little sarcasim since jumpermom asked about the McCreary football team. It was like tit-for-tat since everone knows that the Raiders made the playoffs for the first time ever this season but jumpermom stillasked if Mccreary had a football team. No disrespect intended I know Coach Cobb well as I do many of the youth coaches. I also like tyo watch atleast one or two games a year at the Briar patch. Just a little pay back sarcasim!

Its the type of fouls being called, the shooting fouls and reach in fouls and that such were called fine, and I think the refs were being completely fair in this game dont get me wrong. I just think they didnt see some of what was going on.. I sat there and watched #22 dileberatly try an kick Bourne an force him to trip whenever Bourne was running down the floor and #22 was on the ground.. #22, #10, or #32 would just lower there shoulder an run over anyone setting a screen on them..Cheap shots would be a good term for how a few of them play, getting away with it cause its goes un-noticed..

 

Not to mention the fact that the Somerset Bench had to deal with fans sitting right behind them yelling in there ear and saying things inappropriate to put on here..

 

I'm not taking anything away from McCreary's team though.. They are well coached, very good,(shot the lights out) played extremely well last night and have a really good shot at winning the region..

 

 

I wonder hao #22 got on the ground? Maybe #10 or #32 knocked him down just for the fun of it. All i can say is every fan in every sport always thinks their team got the shaft when they lose and they think everything was called fair when they win. I want everyone to remember this: if a team survives the regular season because of unfair officiating they will probably get a surprised early exit when it comes tournament time. I can't wait to see how this years tournament pans out. Go Raiders..........all the way to Rupp!

I wonder hao #22 got on the ground? Maybe #10 or #32 knocked him down just for the fun of it. All i can say is every fan in every sport always thinks their team got the shaft when they lose and they think everything was called fair when they win. I want everyone to remember this: if a team survives the regular season because of unfair officiating they will probably get a surprised early exit when it comes tournament time. I can't wait to see how this years tournament pans out. Go Raiders..........all the way to Rupp!

 

Once again, I'm not saying I think Somerset got the shaft.. This game was called fairly for both sides! All i'm implying is that a few of the kids on MC's team play very dirty, and at times it looked as though they went looking for ways to make cheap shots, they're is a huge difference between being physical and playing dirty.. And for the most part, got away with it because it was not noticed by the officials..

I know any parent of an opposing team would say this, but I've seen the tape of the game as well, and there is no need for that kind of play..

 

All that being said, that did not effect the outcome of the game, the Raiders played very well and deserved to win..

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.