A question for the officials...

Maybe all of the conference assigners should also come to every game and brief the players of each teams on the rules, I am still sure that 90% of the kids dont even realize we went from two officials to three in major high school games. The kids dont understand "off officials", officials need to realize just like some coaches, that they are there, paid by the school system, to perform a service for the kids, not for the betterment of their own career. :thumb:

Officiating is work. Officiating is a job. I go to my job each day to learn, and to get better at what I do to advance my career. I don't agree with your statement that officials shouldn't be out there to better their officiating career. On the contrary, the officials who want to advance their career into the college ranks and beyond, are probably the better officials because they're working hard to be consistent and get noticed by coaches and assignors to improve their rating at the regional level. They go to offseason camps and clinics just like players do to get better. That said, would you rather have an official out there working hard to call a consistent game who wants to improve as an official every game he works? Or, would you rather have an official on the floor who isn't at all interested in advancing their career who's just out there for the paycheck? I know which one I would pick.

Officiating is work. Officiating is a job. I go to my job each day to learn, and to get better at what I do to advance my career. I don't agree with your statement that officials shouldn't be out there to better their officiating career. On the contrary, the officials who want to advance their career into the college ranks and beyond, are probably the better officials because they're working hard to be consistent and get noticed by coaches and assignors to improve their rating at the regional level. They go to offseason camps and clinics just like players do to get better. That said, would you rather have an official out there working hard to call a consistent game who wants to improve as an official every game he works? Or, would you rather have an official on the floor who isn't at all interested in advancing their career who's just out there for the paycheck? I know which one I would pick.

I want an official that is there for the kids and in the process is promoted up the ranks because not only are they good at what they do but they are there for the RIGHT reasons....not for people to be looking at them :thumb:

If the off referee doesn't come to you to get the ball, just set it on the floor.

Then the official will tell the player to pick the ball and give it to them. Not a good idea.

Look around until one of the other officials are looking and pass/hand them the ball.