Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Bell Co. 63 Middlesboro 59

Featured Replies

Just moved back to Lexington so I didnt make it to the game. Anyone have any details?

I think this will be a great District. The District will be played at Cawood High School. I think M'boro will be a very hard out because they seem to play good in Cawood's gym.

Middlesboro was up by maybe eight in the 3rd quarter. Shawnta and the the Wilson kid played well for Bell. This may of been one of Middlesboros best defensive showings of the year even though they lost. They just seemed to be more active. Dont get me wrong im not taking anything away from Bell as they have won both meetings, but I think Middlesboro has a better all around team for the first time in many years. I dont know if its the coach or if the kids just dont want to play. But I think something needs to be done. I dont think the Harrison kid has even scored in double figures all year long and he has to be one of the most athletic big men that Middlesboro has had in years. He settles for fad away 12 foot shots. I dont know if anyone else has seen him in warm ups but the kid can jump. And yes i know thats just warm ups but he hasnt dunked the ball in a game all year. Does anyones know how the district brackets will be. Im wondering in the first round how the 3,4,5,6 seeds are paired.

  • Author

3 plays 6 and winner plays 2. 4 plays 5 and winner plays 1.

 

Funny comment saying they are a better all around team. They have really proved that. :rolleyes:

 

You are going in the right direction on one thing, its the coaching. It's kind of a shame the best coach I can remember Mboro having is Tim Millett.

There has been a huge difference between Middlesboro and Bell County for atleast the last 10 years, where Middlesboro has only one once I believe. Bell Co. always plays better defense than Middlesboro regardless of who is on either roster.

I think player for player Middlesboro has a better team. But like I said im not taking anything from Bell. In my eyes they are definatly getting out coached and maybe out hustled. This Jones is better than the first Jones but at least Ed gave you something to laugh about when he would argue with an official which seemed to be every play.

Having better players does not make you the best team! That is why it is a team sport. Bell will continue to dominate this series b/c of coaching a their players play a tougher style of Basketball IMO.

Having better players does not make you the best team! That is why it is a team sport. Bell will continue to dominate this series b/c of coaching a their players play a tougher style of Basketball IMO.

 

I agree. But, Middlesboro is a very dangerous team because of their talent.

I agree. But, Middlesboro is a very dangerous team because of their talent.

 

Yes, they are dangerous, but only when hot from 3 pt. range. If it comes down to coaching M'boro is really hurting. They have wasted A LOT of talent over the past 5-6 years or so. It's hard to believe M'boro has only beat Bell 1 time in the last 20 or so games.

Yes, they are dangerous, but only when hot from 3 pt. range. If it comes down to coaching M'boro is really hurting. They have wasted A LOT of talent over the past 5-6 years or so. It's hard to believe M'boro has only beat Bell 1 time in the last 20 or so games.

 

They are very capable of hitting those 3pt shots. How did they take Corbin and Cumberland to overtime? And IMO it's hard to teach a team how to play defense in 2 years if they have not been taught the 5 or 6 years before that.

From the players that I have talked to there is no defenses drills being done during practice at all. They do some shooting drills and scrimage the rest of practice.In man to man defense they have no clue of where to be for help defense. Also talked someone that seen pg Antwain Brown leaving hoospital with arm in sling as he injured his shoulder in Bell game. This will really hurt the team as they have no other true pg.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.