Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Ft. Campbell/WKy. Folks - Give Me The Lowdown

Featured Replies

Will be traveling Friday to Ft. Campbell to support Bardstown. Maybe some local folks could help me out with the following:

 

1. Give me directions to Ft. Campbell and specifically to the football field;

2. What do I need to do/number do I need to call to get on the base?;

3. Recommendation for good local food eatery? I got recommends 2 years ago when I went to Mayfield and got a great BBQ joint. Any type of food is fine.

4. If I came down early, good spots to putter around and look at while I'm there?

Will be traveling Friday to Ft. Campbell to support Bardstown. Maybe some local folks could help me out with the following:

 

1. Give me directions to Ft. Campbell and specifically to the football field;

 

It depends on which way you go. Entry to Fort Campbell is off U.S. 41A in Oak Grove. You can take I-65 south to Bowling Green, U.S. 68 from Bowling Green to Russellville, U.S. 79 from Russellville to Clarksville, get on I-24 west bound into Kentucky and get off at Exit #86 onto U.S. 41A South.

 

Or

 

You can take the WKY Parkway to the Pennyrile Parkway. The Pennyrile ends in Hopkinsville. Get on U.S. 41A South when the parkway ends and it takes you into Oak Grove.

 

2. What do I need to do/number do I need to call to get on the base?;

 

If you are wanting the school, obviously the AD is the go-to person there. I do know there is an extra phone line in the press box if your question concerns the phone line.

 

3. Recommendation for good local food eatery? I got recommends 2 years ago when I went to Mayfield and got a great BBQ joint. Any type of food is fine.

 

If you have some extra time, Charlie's Steakhouse right as you enter Oak Grove is really good. Look for the big cow. Presidents, generals, Jeff Gordon, etc. have eaten there over the years. Expect an hour minimum.

 

If you come through Hopkinsville, the exit there has a Shoneys, O'Charleys, Ryan's and Applebees.

 

Other than Charlie's, there isn't much in Oak Grove.

 

If you come 79 to Clarksville, there is an abundance of restaurants on that stretch. You name it, it's there.

 

If I came down early, good spots to putter around and look at while I'm there?
I may have to defer to the Fort Campbell people here. If you got your pass onto the base early, you could go to the Pratt Museum .

You won't need to call prior to going, to gain access to base, but be sure that you leave your hunting rifles and pistols at home. Make sure you have drivers license, proof of insurance and regirstration in order to get a temporary gate pass to post. There are places to eat right outside the gate on 41-A, your best bets would be to go accross the line into Clarksville, Tennesse and you can take your pick. As far as getting there you'll just take the WK Parkway for about 100 miles, merge onto the Pennyrile Parkway for another 30 miles and run that into US 41-A and you will ride that for about ten miles and you are going to know where you are by this time. Hope this helps, and good luck!

Will be traveling Friday to Ft. Campbell to support Bardstown. Maybe some local folks could help me out with the following:

 

1. Give me directions to Ft. Campbell and specifically to the football field;

2. What do I need to do/number do I need to call to get on the base?;

3. Recommendation for good local food eatery? I got recommends 2 years ago when I went to Mayfield and got a great BBQ joint. Any type of food is fine.

4. If I came down early, good spots to putter around and look at while I'm there?

 

Your going to need to get on I-24 and take exit 86 I believe(if not its right there by it), its the Oak Grove/Ft Campbell exit. To get on base, you will need your drivers license, up to date insurance card, and registration. You have to get your pass to go on base at Gate 4, but its closed down to actually enter the base due to construction, so get your pass at Gate 4 and enter through Gate 3, there are gaurds that will tell you how to get to the football field but you can litterally see it from 41A which is the road you come in on from I-24. As far as food eatery, not much on base except typical fast food, 15 miles away is Hopkinsville, theres a hamburger place called "ferrells" that supposedly is like world famous, looks like a dives but a lot of famous people eat there. Ft Campbell, is basically Clarksville, they have everything there, not sure what they have as far as unique flavor though. HOpe this helps:thumb:

1. Take the Western Kentucky Parkway west to the Pennyrile Parkway. Take the Pennyrile south until it ends at 41A. Take a left on 41A to Fort Campbell. Enter through gate 7 (it will on your right). Once you go through gate 7 proceed to the first stop light and take a left on Wickham (Missouri Ave on some maps), follow Wickham approximately 2.5 miles through three stop lights and the field will be on your left.

 

2. To get through you will have to have a valid driver’s license, vehicle registration, and insurance and all adult passengers (16+) must have a photo ID.

 

3 &4 I will have to think about those for a few

  • Author

ttt

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.