What Is The Rule For Playoff Dates?

onetoya

Okay, we've seen a couple of 1st round playoff games played here on Thursday night. What is the rule for scheduling playoff games?

I can see some advantages for #1 teams who choose to play earlier than Friday night. What if that #1 is coming off an open week or can play earlier than Thursday of the First week of the playoffs? Just my thoughts and I'm sure someone can clear this up...

Official word: KHSAA did not have enough referrees for all of the games - they were just a few crews short. KHSAA asked for teams to volunteer to move their games to Thursday Night. (first come, first served)

Coach Rains quickly volunteered LCA to do it. The reasons are obvious: 1 extra day to heal, to plan and to scout other teams.

If a game is played on any other day then Friday, I believe that both teams have to agree to the change of date.

That is correct.

Official word: KHSAA did not have enough referrees for all of the games - they were just a few crews short. KHSAA asked for teams to volunteer to move their games to Thursday Night. (first come, first served)

How is that? Well never mind I guess I can figure out. No open week this week and there are more teams playing in the playoffs than there would have been in the regular season? :lol: