3.Caldwell County

4.Fulton City

5.Mayfield

6.Trigg County

7.Russellville

8.Tilghman

9.Glasgow

10.Metcalfe County

Fort Campbell beat Owensboro Catholic 29-6 - whats the justification on ranking OC #1 and FC below them?

What's so strange about Russellville at #2?

Not all that strange except you're the only one who puts them anywhere close to that high and they're coming off a 32 pt loss. You criticize someone else for putting Mayfield ahead of Fulton City when Mayfield, at least, has some quality wins on the resume and several other voters have them just as high or close....Most other pollsters have Russellville in the 7-10 range....Just odd to me, I guess...

I would agree that parody under the new six class system seems to be more so then under four classes. IMO after Fort Campbell as #1 (because of their wins over OC & PT) arguments can be made for and against the other nine teams for spots 2-9. Fulton City beat Mayfield who beat PT who lost to Ft Campbell who beat Owensboro Catholic who beat Warren East who Ft Campbell lost to as well as loosing to Graves County who Mayfield beat who lost to Calloway County who Trigg Co beat and then lost to Caldwell County. So with all of that said any ranking of 2-9 has some creditability since there is no clear-cut top two, three, or four.

I would even say theres some question to #1 right now...There are arguments for and against Ft Campbell...As you said, they lost to Graves and to WEast big...OC beat WE. Mayfield beat Graves, so, there could be some question, but, the great thing is, it changes week to week...Trigg may beat Ft Campbell this week and Mayfield may beat Marshall Co and if they do, look for those 2 to vault back up the ladder...

Not all that strange except you're the only one who puts them anywhere close to that high and they're coming off a 32 pt loss. You criticize someone else for putting Mayfield ahead of Fulton City when Mayfield, at least, has some quality wins on the resume and several other voters have them just as high or close....Most other pollsters have Russellville in the 7-10 range....Just odd to me, I guess...

Maybe Russellville isn’t the 2nd best team in WKY, but their two losses were to a pretty good 6A team and arguably the first or second best 2A team in the state. Like I said in an earlier post I believe spots 2-9 are pretty much a toss-up this week. As far as criticizing someone else’s rankings – I said that I found it rather odd, not that it completely lacked creditability, like some have said of my postings. Regardless of everything else I standby my opinion that if team B beats team A and they are each good teams then team B should be ranked ahead of team A. Obviously there are exceptions to the rule such as a 0-6 team who is obviously not a very good team beating a 6-0 team who is a decent team on a bad night, but these examples are not in that category

I would even say theres some question to #1 right now...There are arguments for and against Ft Campbell...As you said, they lost to Graves and to WEast big...OC beat WE. Mayfield beat Graves, so, there could be some question, but, the great thing is, it changes week to week...Trigg may beat Ft Campbell this week and Mayfield may beat Marshall Co and if they do, look for those 2 to vault back up the ladder...

I completely agree. If FC looses, Mayfield wins, or various outcomes of the other eight teams will affect the rankings as they do every week. However, I will say that if FC beats Trigg, which I believe they will, I say they remain #1 and they will be the only team in the WKY Small School rankings to beat three other teams in those rankings. FC did loose to Graves and WE in the first two games of the season, but its not how you start the season that counts, its how you finish, and their defense has significantly improved since those two losses.

1.Ft. Campbell

2.Owensboro Catholic

3.PT

4.Fulton City

5.Mayfield

6.Caldwell

7.Trigg

8.Russellville

9.Metcalfe

10.Glasgow

With all these teams it basically comes down as to who is ready to play that night.

I think that says it all right there.......IMO these rankings are an indication not of who is the best team, but who is playing the best on that particular week. The reason FC is #1 is because they are the HOTTEST team on the list, not because they are the BEST team....that goes for every week we have voted. When Mayfield and Trigg were ballin' most people had them at #1 and #2....now they are middle of the pack teams due to their poor play. So to me its not about who IS the best, its who is PLAYING the best.