Manual 57 Shelby Co. 54

ram95

Shelby was in shotgun most of the time and spread, and Matthews is 6' 3" with a quick release. He wouldn't sit back and just toss bombs but would spread it around to the quick WR's and let them work for yards after catch, mixed in with the occasional longer passes.

They were really taking it to us for the first half and most of the 3rd quarter, but playing lots of guys both ways starting wearing on them and then we started taking over, holding them to 13 points in 3rd to our 21, and 13 to 22 in the 4th qtr. They punted twice in the first half, 4 times in the 2nd, while we either scored or fumbled the ball away on every 2nd half possession.

I'm waiting for Manual to play a full game, every game this year it didn't seem like we really started playing the way we are capable of until sometime in the 2nd qtr. That really cost us vs St. X, and almost did vs Central and Shelby County.

Shelby was in shotgun most of the time and spread, and Matthews is 6' 3" with a quick release. He wouldn't sit back and just toss bombs but would spread it around to the quick WR's and let them work for yards after catch, mixed in with the occasional longer passes.

They were really taking it to us for the first half and most of the 3rd quarter, but playing lots of guys both ways starting wearing on them and then we started taking over, holding them to 13 points in 3rd to our 21, and 13 to 22 in the 4th qtr. They punted twice in the first half, 4 times in the 2nd, while we either scored or fumbled the ball away on every 2nd half possession.

I'm waiting for Manual to play a full game, every game this year it didn't seem like we really started playing the way we are capable of until sometime in the 2nd qtr. That really cost us vs St. X, and almost did vs Central and Shelby County.

Thanks Pete for telling me what Shelby County was doing on offense, but what I was asking for is WHAT WAS MANUAL DOING ON DEFENSE? Were they just rushing 3 and dropping 8...rushing 4 and dropping 7...blitzing any at all...were all who dropped playing zone or did they play some man press coverage as well to negate the quick passes? Is Shelby County's OL that much better than Manual's defensive front and linebackers? :confused:

As a Stat guy I make it a point not to learn our plays or schemes, if I get caught up thinking like a coach I can't do stats right.

I've tried training coaches from other teams to do stats with the software I use and it doesn't work out well, a play happens and they get caught up in what people are supposed to be doing or what offense or defense is being run and forget key parts of the stats.

I've been doing stats since 94 and I guess I watch games differently than most of my friends, I talked to a new official last week and he said that now since he is mostly an umpire he watches games from that perspective and doesn't watch games even on tv like he used to.

I'm also an equipment guy so I also watch tv games checking out equipment on closeups and replays.