Belfry/Pikeville updates

The Windex Man

Completely shocked. I knew this Belfry team was very talented but beating Pikeville this bad is a little surprising.

I agree...I don't think Pikeville is great or anything this year but I didn't think anyone in EKY besides Johnson Central could spank the Panthers like this...Belfry is making a statement tonight and they have to be a favorite to bring another state title home to Pike County.

I agree...I don't think Pikeville is great or anything this year but I didn't think anyone in EKY besides Johnson Central could spank the Panthers like this...Belfry is making a statement tonight and they have to be a favorite to bring another state title home to Pike County.

Well, Pikeville is alot better than they are playing tonight. Seems to be playing very sloppy tonight along with some questionable play calling on 3rd and shorts. This Belfry defense is proving to be something special and could be the main cog in a run to a state championship.

I knew Belfry was going to be a good team, but Pikeville must be playing awful (defense especially) to have this kind of score. 354 yards rushing in the first half is a complete joke.

Probably a combination of Belfry just being a little more physical on the O-line and Pikeville not being discipline enough on the mis-direction plays of Belfry. On a side note, everyone thought Pikeville's problem would be silly penalties but Belfry has actually been penalized 5 more times than the Panthers.

Wow!! The score suprises me. Pikeville and Belfry have very good very good football teams. I knew that the Pirates would be favored but I didn't think that it would be this much of a blowout :eek:. Belfry is imo the best 3A team in the state.

Somewhat shocking to most Belfry fans also. Yes we thought we had a really good team but havent been tested too much and thought this would be the game we got our first real test. Pikeville has just been dominated on both sides of the ball.