Hazard vs. Perry Central Predictions

Athlete7

Who will win this game?  

15 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win this game?

• Hazard
    • Perry County Central

Just my opinion only. From getting to see the teams play on a limited basis and talking to other coaches in the area I feel that Coach Browne is a better FB coach. Although Coach Dixon is not far behind and always competitive.

Interesting...other coaches?

Well if you went by wins and loses, Dixon would definately be the best. But then again, he didnt have to play Rock and Bell every year. I think they are both good coaches though but you got to go with the guy get the W's and that is Dixon. :sssh:

Coach Dixon is by far the superior coach. He takes very few and has a pretty good team every year. He knows how to deal with his players and keep them happy and on the team. Coach Brown starts with 50 or so every year and either works them to death so they quit or makes them hate him so they quit. He has to learn how to let these HIGH SCHOOL kids live a little bit. They should not have to live football 24/7/365 for a mediocre program. They are not being paid to play, this is supposed to be an extra curricular activity for them. They are not in college yet. He tries to act like this is SEC football or something, these kids can't deal with all that just yet. If he wants to run a program like that, he needs to get back in the small college football program and treat those kids like that. Coach Dixon will prevail in the Hazard/Perry game because he has a better QB and way better defense. Perry can score, but they can't stop anyone. Yes they shut out the great Knott County Central, but they haven't been very good in a long time. So I wouldn't be bragging about a big shut out. Knott did hold Perry to just 32 pts though, they scored more against Sheldon Clark, that might say something about Knott's defense. Good luck to both teams, have a great season, hope to see you both on the carpet!

Coach Dixon is by far the superior coach. He takes very few and has a pretty good team every year. He knows how to deal with his players and keep them happy and on the team. Coach Brown starts with 50 or so every year and either works them to death so they quit or makes them hate him so they quit. He has to learn how to let these HIGH SCHOOL kids live a little bit. They should not have to live football 24/7/365 for a mediocre program. They are not being paid to play, this is supposed to be an extra curricular activity for them. They are not in college yet. He tries to act like this is SEC football or something, these kids can't deal with all that just yet. If he wants to run a program like that, he needs to get back in the small college football program and treat those kids like that. Coach Dixon will prevail in the Hazard/Perry game because he has a better QB and way better defense. Perry can score, but they can't stop anyone. Yes they shut out the great Knott County Central, but they haven't been very good in a long time. So I wouldn't be bragging about a big shut out. Knott did hold Perry to just 32 pts though, they scored more against Sheldon Clark, that might say something about Knott's defense. Good luck to both teams, have a great season, hope to see you both on the carpet!

Sounds like Coach Browne is trying to prepare his young men to do battle against Rock and Bell, who are probably SEC type programs on the HS level. I don't mean to sound sarcastic but if you want to participate in an extra curricular activity then play flag football. If you want to survive, much less have a chance to compete and beat Rockcastle and Bell, you better love the game and get to work. Sounds like that is what coach browne is doing. I'm sure that is why he was hired. Commitment is an all day, everyday process and it looks like Coach Browne is demanding that from his players. I'd say the young men that are committed are hardcore football players.

The HHS vs. PCC game is always a wild one.

All I can say is, you have to have players to compete. If you run them all off, you can't compete. So now going from 50 players down to 20, you don't have a chance agianst those teams and maybe not against any other teams on their schedule either! I'm sure there are 40 players in the school that would play if he would ease up a little bit and they could make PCC a contender every year in 5A. I understand being committed, but what he does is a little over the top if you ask me. He is a great guy and I know he is used to that from his college days, but some of these guys are not mentally able to handle that and he has to understand that!

All I can say is, you have to have players to compete. If you run them all off, you can't compete. So now going from 50 players down to 20, you don't have a chance agianst those teams and maybe not against any other teams on their schedule either! I'm sure there are 40 players in the school that would play if he would ease up a little bit and they could make PCC a contender every year in 5A. I understand being committed, but what he does is a little over the top if you ask me. He is a great guy and I know he is used to that from his college days, but some of these guys are not mentally able to handle that and he has to understand that!

Numbers does not equate sucess. Look at Tom Duffy of Highlands/Danville/Henderson fame he never had more than 25 upperclassmen but won state championships and was always competive.