Girls middle school basketball

rhfan

Sorry maybe it is just our area that plays right now.

Rose Hill , Wurtland

Verity , Mckell

Fallsburg , Lawrence

Boyd , Raceland

East Carter , Sheldon Clark

West Carter ,

Fairview,

Elliot,,

Lewis,

These are just some of the teams that I know are playing right now I am sure their are more.

Sorry maybe it is just our area that plays right now.

Rose Hill , Wurtland

Verity , Mckell

Fallsburg , Lawrence

Boyd , Raceland

East Carter , Sheldon Clark

West Carter ,

Fairview,

Elliot,,

Lewis,

These are just some of the teams that I know are playing right now I am sure their are more.

Interesting...Now I'm curious. Do these schools not have volleyball programs or do they have enough girls to field both a basketball and volleyball team? Do these schools play basketball in fall and winter leagues?

They play volleyball at the same time. I guess some small schools may have girls that try to play both but it would be hard to do. I believe they do this with the girls because of gym time.

If that is the reason better be careful with Title IX. In Michigan I believe it was ruled that they (Girls) should not have to play "off-season" because of too crowded gym schedules.

They play volleyball at the same time. I guess some small schools may have girls that try to play both but it would be hard to do. I believe they do this with the girls because of gym time.

If it's set up this way because of gym time, then the girls are getting shafted. Most schools give their girls an opportunity to develop in both basketball and volleyball, but if both seasons are going on at once, girls will likely have to choose. Doesn't seem too fair to me. I can't believe parents aren't complaining about this setup.

Middle school should be a time where students have the chance to develop the fundamentals of sports necessary to be successful in high school. I would think that splitting the talent like this in middle school would undoubtedly affect the quality of the high school's volleyball and basketball programs later on. I may be wrong, and please correct me if I am, but isn't that region notorious for sending some of the weakest teams to the sweet sixteen volleyball tournaments every year?

What sport is offered to girls during the winter?

Are we talking about HIGH SCHOOL VOLLEYBALL or 7th & 8th grade MIDDLE SCHOOL BASKETBALL.

Sorry. Seems like there's not much discussion about middle school basketball right now, since apparently only one area of the state is currently playing. Just thought I'd put my two cents in about why I think it's ludicrous to make middle school girls choose between volleyball and basketball. It's kind of like making middle school boys choose between football and basketball. I don't foresee that ever happening though.

Just curios but isnt golf going on right now, and doesnt tennis play while another sport is going on, and what about track. Now that we got this out of the way does anyone know how any of the teams are doing right now that are playing.