September 27, 200719 yr Here is the real story from a UK booster and close personal friend of Joe B Hall who was with Joe when Ralph announced he was going to UVA. I just learned this about 1-2 years ago. He had told UK he was coming. He wanted to play at UK badly. He felt that with he and Bowie they would be unstoppable. Ralph was nearly in tears and told Hall that his mother told him he would not be going to UK and was going to UVA or she would not speak to him anymore. She was not a fan of the Cats. He opted to keep peace in the family and chose UVA. My source was about as close to the situation as it gets. I sure would have liked to have seen him wearing the Blue!!! That was what I was told during that time as well. His mom wasn't against UK that much though as she was for Ralph staying near home where she could see him (and I would say coddle him but that would get Coach Gundy at Ok State upset with me. :lol:). That was the story. I always believe that Turpin was Hall's fall back for the Twin Towers scenario. If it were Sam and Ralph it would have been interesting but Sam was hurt for two of his four years and would not have played together when it counted most as juniors and seniors. The bolded part is from a UVA sports reporter from the time that I now know.
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.