Russell questions

ccm79

finally had a chance to read the 3 A preview. a few questions for everyone back home. any truth to Cordle taking the reins and Jones moving to tailback, or is that not happening:fire: ? also where and why did Seth Harvey leave again ? :fire: Go Devils !

finally had a chance to read the 3 A preview. a few questions for everyone back home. any truth to Cordle taking the reins and Jones moving to tailback, or is that not happening:fire: ? also where and why did Seth Harvey leave again ? :fire: Go Devils !

I can't answer the Jones question but I for one would love to see that. Seth moved back for family reasons and I will leave it at that.

I could see Jones in the backfield for the "Jumbo Package" when hard yardage was needed. The kid can flat out run over people. It would obviously give defenses something else to have to prepare for.

I ask one of the players if they had practiced the jumbo package yet in two a days, just to see who was running it, and they said it hadn't even been practiced yet. They said the coaches told him they probably wouldn't work on it until after the season started. but I do like the idea of moving jones to the backfield for that set.

What I have heard is there will be more running this year with alot more option running this year, to utilize jones power and less passing (at least until the new WR's get a little more experience)

On Defense the "DB's" are going to get a work out this year, since over half of the teams on the schedule are pass-oriented teams.

Personally, I loved the Jumbo set. Thought we should have used it last year in the state title game and just crammed the ball down Mercers throat. I think jones being there is great but they had better have other plays in that set. Don't want to tip our hand too much...

:devil: Agree with Red about state game , Mercer was small and ran to the ball very well ... For any scheme to work have to move people off the ball - see State Game 2005 #36, #60 manhandled OC up front on powers ....

Devils didn't have as much punch last year in trenches , need to regain this edge come playoff time ...