Northern Ky Girls Soccerama Schedule

GIRLS' SOCCERAMA

(all games at Dixie Heights)

Saturday, Aug. 11

Grant County vs. Bellevue, 8 a.m.

Ludlow vs. Pendleton County, 9:05 a.m.

Newport vs. Holmes, 10:10 a.m.

Dayton vs. Covington Latin, 11:15 a.m.

Walton-Verona vs. Villa Madonna, 12:20 p.m.

Holy Cross vs. Campbell County, 1:25 p.m.

Calvary Christian vs. Lloyd, 2:30 p.m.

Conner vs. Simon Kenton, 3:35 p.m.

Newport Central Catholic vs. St. Henry, 4:40 p.m.

Notre Dame vs. Brossart, 5:45 p.m.

Highlands vs. Scott, 6:50 p.m.

Dixie Heights vs. Boone County, 8:01 p.m.

• 4 weeks later...

Some scores that I know below from Soccerama this past Saturday 08/11.

Campbell County 1 Holy Cross 0

Simon Kenton 3 Conner 0

Notre Dame 2 Brossart 0

New Cath 0 St. Henry 0

Highlands 6 Scott 0

Calvary Christ. 2 Lloyd 0

Villa Madonna 4 Walton Veron 1 ( not 100%sure on that one though.

Any other updates, I only watched the first half of the Boone/Dixie Game, when I left, the score was Boone 1 Dixie 0

Some scores that I know below from Soccerama this past Saturday 08/11.

Campbell County 1 Holy Cross 0

Simon Kenton 3 Conner 0

Notre Dame 2 Brossart 0

New Cath 0 St. Henry 0

Highlands 6 Scott 0

Calvary Christ. 2 Lloyd 0

Villa Madonna 4 Walton Veron 1 ( not 100%sure on that one though.

Any other updates, I only watched the first half of the Boone/Dixie Game, when I left, the score was Boone 1 Dixie 0

Grant Co. 2 Bellevue 1

I thought that St. henry played very well against Newport Catholic. They have a young team, but they did well. I believe that New Cath was ranked in the top 3 for this year's soccer pre-season. Notre Dame, IMO, not as strong as I have seen in the past, but I am sure as the season moves along, they will get better. Highlands looked very impressive against Scott. Scott had no answer for them except their goalie, I would wager to say in the first half alone, the goalie had in the double digts on saves. Highlands just kept shooting bullits at the Scott Goalie. Also, I only saw about half of the SK and Conner game, but SK is going to be a team to be reckoned with this year. They are a tough team, and I believe they lost very few girls last year to graduation.

I agree with ballermom that there some good matches at soccerrama. I was impressed with brossart and st. henry. I think they will improve even more as the season goes on. The goalie for St. Henry did a nice job. Of course, NDA and NCC both looked good as they seem to do every year. No surprises there. I did see the Highlands and Scott game. I think the goalie for Scott will be good once she gets some experience directing a defense of the high school variety. She seemed a bit too aggressive but did a nice nice job. I was so focused on the field players for highlands and it hit me that the goalie there did some really good things for a team that allowed very few shots on goal. I think overall, people are going to be hearing names of some really young players throughout the area. I really see depth begining to develop on many teams which is a nice thing for NKy area. There were a lot of good teams from NKy area and it will be interesting what the rest of the state says and begins to rank them. Seems that a few will play tough schedules while some don't seem to play tough schedules. Hopefully the state takes note of the quality of the teams in this area. Whoever makes it out of NKy has a good chance of doing well in state. Well done, Dixie HHS, nice job done!

I think the goalie for Scott will be good once she gets some experience directing a defense of the high school variety. She seemed a bit too aggressive but did a nice nice job.

Soccerexpertnot, I would have to disagree with you on the aggresiveness of the Scott Goalie, she needs to be agressive back there. As long as she is not tyring to take anybody out back there, I would want the goalie to be agressive. And, I do believe that she has had plenty of experience directing a defense that is much much better than the one that she currently has. Again, that is just my opinion.

I think the goalie for Scott will be good once she gets some experience directing a defense of the high school variety. She seemed a bit too aggressive but did a nice nice job.

Soccerexpertnot, I would have to disagree with you on the aggresiveness of the Scott Goalie, she needs to be agressive back there. As long as she is not tyring to take anybody out back there, I would want the goalie to be agressive. And, I do believe that she has had plenty of experience directing a defense that is much much better than the one that she currently has. Again, that is just my opinion.

Not a strong vote of confidence in your team.

Now don't misunderstand me about the goalie... I said she did a good job.. i think there is a difference in "diving" with control and throwing yourself out there.. there were several times I noticed she just "threw" herself uncontrollably into a pack of players, especially on a cross and completely missed the ball .. but overall... i think she did a nice job...vote of confidence or not... a goalie is just one player on the team.. soo.. that's the big question.. do they play as a team..?... it takes all 11 working in sync... but I just enjoy watching the game. :)

Oh, by the way.. I was paying her a compliment when I said directing a defense of the high school variety... sometimes HS players don't always have the skills or experience of a club team.. so goalies sometimes have to relearn to work with players with less skill or experience than club teams... one can get "spoiled" playing only with a good club team... when you have to play with players that are not used to playing a "fast" game, its takes a different kind of ability to use the talent you have on a HS team versas a club team.. soo... its tough to make those transitions... just a friendly point thats all!.. :)

Soccerexpernot. You are definitely entitled to your opinion. But, I do disagree with you. I can't imagine why any goalie would just throw themselves out there. I would think they would take a great risk in getting themselves hurt. I guess you and I were watching 2 different games on that one. I think any goalie, club or high school would do what they could to try and stop the ball from going into the goal. That is, or course, their main job back there. I do agree with the club, high school thing. I do think, depending on what high school you play for, you do need to have a different mind set than you do with your club team. There are some really good girls high school soccer teams in Northern Kentucky, and I have no doubt that they have a great defense back there to help their goalie. But, not all high schools in Northen Kentucky have that great defense. Some high schools in Northen Kentucky have girls that have never played any select soccer whatsoever. So, like you said, there would have to be a different mind set for the goalie.